|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - The Cool of the Evening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
(a) Ride on a truck from city to city.
(b) Live in the same web in a house for 53 years.
(c) Catch and eat a fish.
(d) Burrow underground and make a web there.
2. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
(a) The sound of the raindrops disturbs his nap.
(b) A leaky roof makes rain drip and soak his bed.
(c) All the loudest animals are driven inside the barn by the rain.
(d) He had wanted to go out and dig a new hole in his yard.
3. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
(a) She must sit on her eggs to keep them warm.
(b) She is busy looking after her goslings.
(c) She is busy eating lunch.
(d) She does not like to associate with pigs.
4. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Deep and rumbling.
(b) Tiny, but sinister.
(c) Thin, but pleasant.
(d) Sweet and friendly.
5. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
(a) Mr. Zuckerman tells him.
(b) The gander tells him.
(c) Fern tells him.
(d) The goose tells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fern's mother accuse her of doing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
3. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
4. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
5. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)