Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 - Explosion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Avery at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Behind the barn, whittling sticks.
(b) By the pond, catching frogs.
(c) Upstairs, looking for his slingshot.
(d) In the farmyard, bothering the animals.
2. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(b) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(c) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
(d) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
3. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not sit and think.
(b) She does not sing.
(c) She does not watch Wilbur.
(d) She does not listen.
4. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
(a) He is angry he never thought to escape before.
(b) He is so excited he decides to run all the way to Fern's house.
(c) It feels queer to have nothing between him and the open world.
(d) He is terrified of the world outside.
5. What does Wilbur do every morning after breakfast?
(a) He cries until Fern comes home for lunch.
(b) He takes a nap until lunchtime.
(c) He follows Mrs. Arable around as she cleans the house.
(d) He waits with Fern until her bus comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
2. What is Charlotte's middle initial?
3. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
4. What reason does Mr. Arable give for why Fern gets to keep a pig?
5. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)