|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - A Talk at Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Wilbur some bad news in Chapter 7?
(a) Templeton does.
(b) The old sheep does.
(c) Fern does.
(d) The goose does.
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
(b) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
(c) He is not a baby any more.
(d) He is big enough to sell.
3. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
(a) They will promise not to kill him.
(b) Mrs. Arable thinks it is a terrible idea.
(c) Once Wilbur is sent away, Fern will forget all about him.
(d) Fern can walk down the road and visit Wilbur as often as she likes.
4. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She can only come once a week.
(b) She must help out with chores around the farm.
(c) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
(d) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
5. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
(a) Bathe himself in the pond.
(b) Root in the ground for food.
(c) Run and hide from bigger animals.
(d) Tunnel under straw to keep warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the old sheep give for why the people are fattening Wilbur up?
2. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
3. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
4. What does Avery ask for after he sees Fern's new pet?
5. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)