|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Loneliness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Running around for exercise.
(b) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
(d) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
2. How does Fern feed her new pet?
(a) Fern's mother feeds the pet.
(b) With cold milk from a bowl.
(c) With a handful of slops from breakfast.
(d) With warm milk from a baby's nursing bottle.
3. How does Fern feel about being entrusted with the care of a baby pig?
(a) Angry and put-upon.
(b) Unbothered because she plans to make her parents take care of it.
(c) Blissful and lucky.
(d) Worried about the responsibility.
4. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
(a) Wipes his snout with a napkin.
(b) Ties a bib on him.
(c) Holds a bottle for him.
(d) Warms his milk.
5. What does Avery think of Fern's new pet pig?
(a) He thinks it smells bad.
(b) He thinks it will be a lot of trouble.
(c) He thinks it is miserable and small.
(d) He thinks it is a beautiful specimen of a pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
2. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
3. Why does Fern change her sneakers?
4. What does Fern say at the beginning of the book that she sees no difference between?
5. What does Templeton take from Wilbur?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)