|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 - The Egg Sac.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
(b) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
(c) To get some money for the midway.
(d) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
2. How does Mr. Zuckerman describe Charlotte's web?
(a) A gold mine.
(b) An abomination.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A mess.
3. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) He tells Mrs. Arable Fern is spending too much time at the barn.
(b) He seems amused and says maybe animals do talk.
(c) He is worried something is wrong with her ears.
(d) He says he hears them talking, too.
4. What are Fern and her parents doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Picking berries from the garden together.
(b) Cleaning the house together.
(c) Having Sunday breakfast together.
(d) Cooking Saturday night dinner together.
5. How does the rain in Chapter 4 disrupt Wilbur's plans?
(a) The sound of the raindrops disturbs his nap.
(b) He had wanted to go out and dig a new hole in his yard.
(c) All the loudest animals are driven inside the barn by the rain.
(d) A leaky roof makes rain drip and soak his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Dorian find just as miraculous as the writing in Charlotte's web?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 10, what does Charlotte tell Wilbur that people are?
3. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
4. How does the author describe a spider's web at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. Why does Fern put on her prettiest dress before the fair?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)