|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 - The Egg Sac.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe a spider's web at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Made of thick, sticky cords.
(b) Easily broken.
(c) Stringy and ugly.
(d) Stronger than it looks.
2. Which of the following is not something Templeton prefers to spend his time doing?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
(a) Mean and spiteful.
(b) Bloodthirsty and disgusting.
(c) Sensible and useful.
(d) Silly and misguided.
4. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
(a) Ignores Fern and tells her to stop being silly.
(b) Gets bored and tells Fern to stop making up stories.
(c) Laughs and asks to hear more.
(d) Gazes at her with a queer, worried look.
5. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
(a) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(b) Fern notices.
(c) Lurvy notices.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
3. How does Templeton's rotten goose egg get broken?
4. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
5. Where is Avery at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)