|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 - The Egg Sac.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Wilbur some bad news in Chapter 7?
(a) The goose does.
(b) Templeton does.
(c) Fern does.
(d) The old sheep does.
2. What does the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4 tell him?
(a) "I can help you make a new friend."
(b) "No one will ever be your friend."
(c) "Mr. Zuckerman is going to sell you soon."
(d) "I've watched you all day and I like you."
3. How does Mrs. Zuckerman prepare Wilbur for the Fair?
(a) She gives him a buttermilk bath.
(b) She gives him a pep talk.
(c) She brushes his teeth.
(d) She ties big blue ribbon around his tail.
4. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) He says he hears them talking, too.
(b) He tells Mrs. Arable Fern is spending too much time at the barn.
(c) He is worried something is wrong with her ears.
(d) He seems amused and says maybe animals do talk.
5. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
(b) Running around for exercise.
(c) Chatting with Templeton the rat.
(d) Standing still and thinking about what it is like to be alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
2. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
3. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
4. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
5. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)