|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 - The Egg Sac.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlotte describe the cousin in her second story?
(a) An artist.
(b) A climber.
(c) An aeronaut.
(d) A sailor.
2. What reason does the old sheep give for why the people are fattening Wilbur up?
(a) They want to win first prize at the County Fair.
(b) They want him to be able to hold his own in a fight against other pigs.
(c) They want him to be healthy since he was the runt.
(d) They plan to kill him.
3. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
(a) The other spiders will make fun of her if she doesn't eat bugs.
(b) Flies and bugs are what come to her.
(c) No one brings her her meals the way Wilbur is fed every day.
(d) If she didn't eat flies and bugs, they would grow so numerous they would destroy the earth.
4. What does Fern want when everyone is preparing to take Wilbur to the judges' stand to receive a special award?
(a) To have her picture taken with Wilbur.
(b) To find Henry Fussy to come with them.
(c) To get some money for the midway.
(d) To give Wilbur a bath in buttermilk to clean him.
5. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
(a) It is time for her to lay an egg sac and fill it with eggs.
(b) Charlotte is afraid to leave her web.
(c) Someone must keep an eye on Templeton.
(d) The goose needs help with her new nest full of eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
2. Why does Fern worry about Wilbur when her father first moves him outside?
3. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
4. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
5. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)