|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 - The Egg Sac.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will all the babies be born on the farm?
(a) In the spring.
(b) In the fall.
(c) In the summer.
(d) In the winter.
2. What spider body part does Charlotte teach Wilbur about?
(a) The eyes.
(b) The fangs.
(c) The legs.
(d) The abdomen.
3. Charlotte tells Wilbur that she does her best thinking when?
(a) When she's sucking the blood of an insect.
(b) When she's hanging head-down at the top of her web.
(c) When she's spinning a new web.
(d) When she's ripping up an old web to make room for a new one.
4. Why must Charlotte stay behind in her web, rather than accompanying Wilbur in Chapter 15?
(a) It is time for her to lay an egg sac and fill it with eggs.
(b) The goose needs help with her new nest full of eggs.
(c) Someone must keep an eye on Templeton.
(d) Charlotte is afraid to leave her web.
5. How does Wilbur react to his new found fame?
(a) He remains modest and unspoiled.
(b) He insists on having Templeton help him collect newspaper clippings about himself.
(c) He becomes stuck up and refuses to associate with the other animals.
(d) He orders the other animals around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wilbur want Charlotte to come with him?
2. Why can't Charlotte see Wilbur as clearly as he can see her?
3. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
4. What is Charlotte's middle initial?
5. How would you describe Mr. Zuckerman's initial reaction to Charlotte's web?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)