|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Bad News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
(a) He is still very skinny.
(b) He says that as the runt of the litter, he had a lot of catching up to do.
(c) He says that at his age it's a good idea to keep gaining.
(d) He still can squeeze under the rails of the fence in the yard.
2. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
(a) She must do her other chores then.
(b) She is busy playing with friends.
(c) She is away at school.
(d) She is running errands for her mother.
3. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(b) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(c) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(d) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
4. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks she will be able to rid the farmyard entirely of bugs.
(b) He thinks he can trust her, but she will hurt and betray him.
(c) He thinks she is silly and beneath his notice.
(d) He thinks she is only bold and cruel, but actually she has a kind heart.
5. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
(a) The gander tells him.
(b) The goose tells him.
(c) Fern tells him.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman tells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
2. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
3. What does "salutations" mean?
4. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
5. Who gives Wilbur some bad news in Chapter 7?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)