|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Bad News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
(a) The other spiders will make fun of her if she doesn't eat bugs.
(b) If she didn't eat flies and bugs, they would grow so numerous they would destroy the earth.
(c) No one brings her her meals the way Wilbur is fed every day.
(d) Flies and bugs are what come to her.
2. What is not something the author mentions Wilbur does to pass his days in Chapter 7?
(a) Gain lots of weight.
(b) Eat three meals a day.
(c) Lie down half asleep and dream pleasant dreams.
(d) Roll around in the mud often.
3. What does the oldest sheep say is the quickest way to ruin a friendship?
(a) Wake somebody in the morning before he is ready.
(b) Hang around your new friend all the time.
(c) Keep borrowing things and not returning them.
(d) Ask for too many favors.
4. Under what conditions does Mr. Zuckerman allow Fern to visit Wilbur?
(a) She must help out with chores around the farm.
(b) She cannot let Wilbur out or enter his pigpen herself.
(c) She can only come once a week.
(d) She must bring food for all the farm animals.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how does Charlotte's campaign against insects seem to Wilbur?
(a) Silly and misguided.
(b) Bloodthirsty and disgusting.
(c) Sensible and useful.
(d) Mean and spiteful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the old sheep give for why the people are fattening Wilbur up?
2. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
3. In which season was Wilbur born?
4. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
5. What does Templeton take from Wilbur?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)