|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Bad News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
(a) Look under the hay and behind his food trough.
(b) Ask the party who addressed him the night before to give him a sign.
(c) Ask Templeton if he saw anything suspicious the night before.
(d) Wake up each animal one by one and ask him or her if he or she is the friend.
2. Which human first notices something is wrong with Wilbur?
(a) Fern notices.
(b) Lurvy notices.
(c) Mrs. Zuckerman notices.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman notices.
3. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(b) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
(c) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(d) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
4. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Run for the woods.
(b) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
(c) Go find Fern.
(d) Hurry back to his pigpen.
5. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
(a) Flies and bugs are what come to her.
(b) No one brings her her meals the way Wilbur is fed every day.
(c) If she didn't eat flies and bugs, they would grow so numerous they would destroy the earth.
(d) The other spiders will make fun of her if she doesn't eat bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
2. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
3. Why can't Charlotte see Wilbur as clearly as he can see her?
4. Which of the following is not one of Wilbur's plans for the day on which Chapter 4 opens?
5. Who gives Wilbur some bad news in Chapter 7?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)