|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Bad News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
(a) Bathe himself in the pond.
(b) Tunnel under straw to keep warm.
(c) Root in the ground for food.
(d) Run and hide from bigger animals.
2. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
(a) Mrs. Zuckerman is preparing to sell Wilbur behind Mr. Zuckerman's back.
(b) Templeton is planning to steal all of Wilbur's food.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman and Lurvy are plotting to kill him.
(d) Charlotte is thinking about ways to ruin Wilbur's life.
3. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
(a) They have wreaths of holly hung around their necks.
(b) They get left outside in the cold yard.
(c) They get fed extra good slops from holiday leftovers.
(d) They get murdered.
4. What does Charlotte say is the dirtiest trick she ever heard of?
(a) Fern planning to sell Wilbur to get money for Christmas presents.
(b) The old sheep teasing Wilbur.
(c) People planning to kill pigs.
(d) Templeton sneaking all the best bits out of Wilbur's food trough.
5. How does Fern think of Wilbur?
(a) As her best friend.
(b) As a boring pet.
(c) As a burden.
(d) As her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the ways Fern takes care of Wilbur?
2. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
3. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
4. Who tells Wilbur he doesn't have to stay in his yard?
5. Before Charlotte speaks up, who is going to help Wilbur calm down after receiving the bad news?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)