|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Bad News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something that disturbs Wilbur when he is trying to sleep?
(a) The sound of the goose turning on her nest and clucking to herself.
(b) A bad tummy-ache from eating too much slop.
(c) Having many things on his mind.
(d) The sound of Templeton gnawing a hole in the grain bin.
2. Which of the following is not a reason Mr. Arable offers for why Fern must sell Wilbur?
(a) He is big enough to sell.
(b) He is not a baby any more.
(c) He is eating real food and Mr. Arable is not willing to provide for him.
(d) He is uncontrollable and badly behaved.
3. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Run for the woods.
(b) Go find Fern.
(c) Hurry back to his pigpen.
(d) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
4. What does "salutations" mean?
(b) "Best friends."
(d) "Quiet times."
5. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
(a) He says that as the runt of the litter, he had a lot of catching up to do.
(b) He says that at his age it's a good idea to keep gaining.
(c) He still can squeeze under the rails of the fence in the yard.
(d) He is still very skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
2. Why does Mrs. Arable think having Wilbur go live with the Zuckermans is a good idea?
3. What is Fern glad to see Wilbur knows how to do once he is moved outside?
4. What does Templeton take from Wilbur?
5. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)