|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Bad News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wilbur unconcerned that he has been growing bigger?
(a) He still can squeeze under the rails of the fence in the yard.
(b) He says that at his age it's a good idea to keep gaining.
(c) He says that as the runt of the litter, he had a lot of catching up to do.
(d) He is still very skinny.
2. Which of the following is not a reason the lamb gives for not playing with Wilbur?
(a) The lamb can't get into Wilbur's pen.
(b) The lamb doesn't play with pigs.
(c) The lamb is not interested in pigs.
(d) The lamb is already busy playing with a calf.
3. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
(a) Hide in the straw behind the barn.
(b) Go find Fern.
(c) Hurry back to his pigpen.
(d) Run for the woods.
4. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
(a) An ant.
(b) A fly.
(c) A bee.
(d) A mosquito.
5. What is Wilbur's first bed?
(a) A blanket in the corner of Fern's room.
(b) A box in the woodshed.
(c) A box near the stove in the kitchen.
(d) A pillow in the hall closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
2. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does Templeton take from Wilbur?
4. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
5. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)