|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Bad News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
(a) She is busy eating lunch.
(b) She does not like to associate with pigs.
(c) She must sit on her eggs to keep them warm.
(d) She is busy looking after her goslings.
2. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(b) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(c) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(d) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
3. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
(a) By luring him back with a pail full of slops.
(b) By chasing him around and around the barn.
(c) By trapping him in a net.
(d) By reasoning with him.
4. According to the owner of the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4, when will Wilbur see him/her?
(a) In the morning.
(b) On Saturday.
(c) In the evening.
(d) After lunch.
5. What does Wilbur do when he hears why the people are fattening him up?
(a) He yawns.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He jumps for joy.
(d) He screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old sheep say happens to young pigs around Christmas time?
2. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
3. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
5. What happens if Wilbur gets tired when he and Fern take walks?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)