|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Bad News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He scares a flock of chickens.
(b) He eats a bunch of crops.
(c) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
(d) He plows up some ground with his nose.
2. What does "salutations" mean?
(a) "Best friends."
(c) "Quiet times."
3. How does the author describe the voice Wilbur hears at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Deep and rumbling.
(b) Sweet and friendly.
(c) Thin, but pleasant.
(d) Tiny, but sinister.
4. Which of the following is not someone bothered by flies?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Zuckerman are not bothered.
(b) The cows are not bothered.
(c) The sheep are not bothered.
(d) Fern is not bothered.
5. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
(a) That tomorrow he will try to escape again.
(b) That next time he will head for the woods first.
(c) That he is really too young to go out into the world alone.
(d) That he is miserable living at the Zuckerman farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the goose play with Wilbur?
2. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
3. Who takes care of Wilbur's noontime feeding for Fern?
4. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
5. Why does Fern miss Wilbur's noontime feeding?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)