|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - Good Progress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
(a) Charlotte is thinking about ways to ruin Wilbur's life.
(b) Mr. Zuckerman and Lurvy are plotting to kill him.
(c) Templeton is planning to steal all of Wilbur's food.
(d) Mrs. Zuckerman is preparing to sell Wilbur behind Mr. Zuckerman's back.
2. How does Charlotte describe the cousin in her second story?
(a) A sailor.
(b) An aeronaut.
(c) A climber.
(d) An artist.
3. Who is Dr. Dorian?
(a) Fern's family doctor.
(b) The local minister.
(c) A professor who studies talking animals.
(d) The farmyard vet.
4. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(b) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(c) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(d) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
5. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and her parents.
(b) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
(c) Everybody in the barn cellar.
(d) Fern and Avery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Fern and her parents doing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Who first notices that Wilbur is free of his fence?
3. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
4. Whose speech does Fern repeat for her parents?
5. What is Charlotte doing at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)