|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - Good Progress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and her parents.
(b) Everybody in the barn cellar.
(c) Fern and Avery.
(d) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
2. Which of the following is not something Fern does when she comes to visit Wilbur?
(a) She does not watch Wilbur.
(b) She does not sit and think.
(c) She does not listen.
(d) She does not sing.
3. Why does Mr. Zuckerman ask Lurvy to start building a crate for Wilbur?
(a) He is planning to take Wilbur to the County Fair.
(b) He wants to keep Wilbur safe so no one will steal him.
(c) He wants to lock WIlbur up so no more webs will appear.
(d) He intends to sell Wilbur to the farmer down the road.
4. How does Wilbur feel at first about being outside his fence?
(a) He is angry he never thought to escape before.
(b) He is terrified of the world outside.
(c) It feels queer to have nothing between him and the open world.
(d) He is so excited he decides to run all the way to Fern's house.
5. Who is Dr. Dorian?
(a) A professor who studies talking animals.
(b) The farmyard vet.
(c) Fern's family doctor.
(d) The local minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
2. What recent barnyard event does Fern tell her parents about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
4. How does Fern describe Charlotte to her parents?
5. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)