|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - Good Progress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Avery at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) By the pond, catching frogs.
(b) Upstairs, looking for his slingshot.
(c) Behind the barn, whittling sticks.
(d) In the farmyard, bothering the animals.
2. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
(a) Templeton is planning to steal all of Wilbur's food.
(b) Mrs. Zuckerman is preparing to sell Wilbur behind Mr. Zuckerman's back.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman and Lurvy are plotting to kill him.
(d) Charlotte is thinking about ways to ruin Wilbur's life.
3. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
(b) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(c) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(d) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
4. What is Charlotte's idea for saving Wilbur?
(a) She will find someone to buy him from Zuckerman.
(b) She will play a trick on Zuckerman.
(c) She will help him escape under the fence.
(d) She will convince Fern to take him back.
5. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
(a) He eats a bunch of crops.
(b) He scares a flock of chickens.
(c) He pulls Mrs. Zuckerman's hanging laundry into a mud puddle.
(d) He plows up some ground with his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlotte's middle initial?
2. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
3. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
4. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
5. What does the cousin in Charlotte's first story do?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)