|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - Good Progress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Zuckerman get Wilbur to return to the pigpen?
(a) By chasing him around and around the barn.
(b) By trapping him in a net.
(c) By reasoning with him.
(d) By luring him back with a pail full of slops.
2. What does Charlotte do while she is spinning her web?
(a) Snack on flies.
(b) Talk to herself.
(c) Yawn over and over.
(d) Sing songs.
3. Why is Wilbur saddened by his new friend?
(a) She can't spend very much time with him.
(b) He thinks she is bloodthirsty.
(c) She is mean and teases him.
(d) She doesn't like Fern.
4. What recent barnyard event does Fern tell her parents about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Wilbur learning how to escape his yard.
(b) Charlotte weaving a beautiful web.
(c) The old sheep getting sheared.
(d) The goslings hatching.
5. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
(b) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(c) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(d) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilbur conclude after his adventure outside the fence?
2. What does the goose advise Wilbur to do once the people notice he is free?
3. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
4. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What is Charlotte's idea for saving Wilbur?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)