|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - Good Progress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
(a) By tunneling under the fence.
(b) By walking through an open gate.
(c) By knocking Mr. Zuckerman over.
(d) By squeezing through a loose board in the fence.
2. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
(a) When your heart is heavy and your mind is light.
(b) When your stomach is empty and your mind is full.
(c) When your stomach is full and your head is heavy.
(d) When your spirit is weak and your soul is sad.
3. What do Fern and Avery play on in Mr. Zuckerman's barn?
(a) Hay bales.
(b) A swing.
(c) An old wagon.
(d) The ladder to the hay loft.
4. Where is Avery at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Behind the barn, whittling sticks.
(b) By the pond, catching frogs.
(c) In the farmyard, bothering the animals.
(d) Upstairs, looking for his slingshot.
5. How does Mr. Arable respond to the idea of Fern believing that animals can talk?
(a) He tells Mrs. Arable Fern is spending too much time at the barn.
(b) He seems amused and says maybe animals do talk.
(c) He says he hears them talking, too.
(d) He is worried something is wrong with her ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose speech does Fern repeat for her parents?
2. Why can't Charlotte see Wilbur as clearly as he can see her?
3. What does Wilbur witness Charlotte catch in her web in Chapter 5?
4. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
5. What does the Zuckermans' barn mostly smell of?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)