|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - Good Progress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something that disturbs Wilbur when he is trying to sleep?
(a) Having many things on his mind.
(b) A bad tummy-ache from eating too much slop.
(c) The sound of the goose turning on her nest and clucking to herself.
(d) The sound of Templeton gnawing a hole in the grain bin.
2. What does Wilbur do to try to find his mysterious new friend?
(a) Ask Templeton if he saw anything suspicious the night before.
(b) Look under the hay and behind his food trough.
(c) Wake up each animal one by one and ask him or her if he or she is the friend.
(d) Ask the party who addressed him the night before to give him a sign.
3. What does "salutations" mean?
(a) "Quiet times."
(b) "Best friends."
4. How does Templeton's rotten goose egg get broken?
(a) Lurvy finds it and throws it on the trash heap.
(b) Avery falls on the trough and smashes the egg beneath it.
(c) Wilbur accidentally steps on it.
(d) Avery finds the egg and throws it at the barn wall.
5. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
(b) Everybody in the barn cellar.
(c) Fern and her parents.
(d) Fern and Avery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlotte doing at the end of Chapter 10?
2. According to the author, when is a time when it is hard to sleep?
3. Which of the following is not a defense Charlotte offers for her way of life -- catching bugs and eating them?
4. How is Wilbur mistaken about Charlotte at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What damage does Wilbur cause outside his fence?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)