|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 - Good Progress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a manure pile a good place to keep a young pig?
(a) Pigs like to smell terrible, and a manure pile is stinky.
(b) A manure pile is the worst place to keep a young pig.
(c) Pigs like flies, and a manure pile attracts many flies.
(d) Pigs need warmth, and a manure pile is warm and comfortable.
2. When Fern is telling her parents about the barn animals, who does Fern say is "us"?
(a) Fern and her aunt and uncle.
(b) Fern and Avery.
(c) Fern and her parents.
(d) Everybody in the barn cellar.
3. What recent barnyard event does Fern tell her parents about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The goslings hatching.
(b) Wilbur learning how to escape his yard.
(c) Charlotte weaving a beautiful web.
(d) The old sheep getting sheared.
4. Who is Dr. Dorian?
(a) A professor who studies talking animals.
(b) The local minister.
(c) The farmyard vet.
(d) Fern's family doctor.
5. Whose speech does Fern repeat for her parents?
(a) Charlotte's speech.
(b) The goose's speech.
(c) Wilbur's speech.
(d) Templeton's speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilbur escape from the yard?
2. In Chapter 13, why does Charlotte have Wilbur run around?
3. What does the goose know about Wilbur's future that Wilbur does not yet?
4. What does Mrs. Arable do when Fern first claims that the animals talk?
5. Who does Avery try to catch in the barn?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)