|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 - Uncle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the goose say the last egg didn't hatch?
(a) The last egg wasn't a goose egg after all.
(b) Templeton touched it.
(c) It's a dud.
(d) She didn't keep it warm enough.
2. Where does Templeton hide during the day at the fair?
(a) Under the straw at the bottom of Wilbur's crate.
(b) Behind some dirty rags.
(c) In an old soda pop cup.
(d) Under some crumpled newspapers.
3. What happens once news of Charlotte's web spreads?
(a) Exterminators show up and offer to get rid of Charlotte.
(b) People come from all around to see Wilbur and the web.
(c) Mr. Zuckerman pleads with Charlotte to weave another, bigger web.
(d) People are spooked and begin to avoid the Zuckermans.
4. How would you describe Mr. Zuckerman's initial reaction to Charlotte's web?
(a) He is unconcerned.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is delighted.
(d) He is shaken.
5. Who warns Templeton to stay away from the goslings?
(a) Fern warns him.
(b) The gander warns him.
(c) The goose warns him.
(d) Mr. Zuckerman warns him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte say Uncle will be hard for Wilbur to beat?
2. According to Mr. Arable, the Fair is a good place to start doing what?
3. What does Templeton do with the last egg?
4. What does the author say Templeton would do if he could get away with it?
5. Why does everyone watch Templeton when he first approaches the goose?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)