Chapter 1 - Before Breakfast
• Fern sees her father with an ax and finds out he is planning to kill the runt of the recently born litter of pigs.
• Fern pleads for the runt's life.
• She is allowed to keep and raise the baby pig.
• She nurses the pig with a baby bottle and names it Wilbur.
Chapter 2 - Wilbur
• Fern and Wilbur live happily together with her treating him like a baby.
• She feeds Wilbur bottles of milk and walks him around in her doll carriage.
• As Wilbur grows older, he is moved out of the house and into a box under a tree.
• When Wilbur is five weeks old, Mr. Arable decides that they can't afford to feed him anymore and he must be sold.
• Fern sells Wilbur to her uncle, and Wilbur goes to live in a manure pile in the cellar of Mr. Zuckerman's barn...
This section contains 1,923 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)