Chapter 1 - Before Breakfast
* Fern sees her father with an ax and finds out he is planning to kill the runt of the recently born litter of pigs.
* Fern pleads for the runt's life.
* She is allowed to keep and raise the baby pig.
* She nurses the pig with a baby bottle and names it Wilbur.
Chapter 2 - Wilbur
* Fern and Wilbur live happily together with her treating him like a baby.
* She feeds Wilbur bottles of milk and walks him around in her doll carriage.
* As Wilbur grows older, he is moved out of the house and into a box under a tree.
* When Wilbur is five weeks old, Mr. Arable decides that they can't afford to feed him anymore and he must be sold.
* Fern sells Wilbur to her uncle, and Wilbur goes to live in a manure pile in the cellar of Mr. Zuckerman's barn...
This section contains 1,744 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)