|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of their first meeting, what warning does John remember?
(a) His boss' to stay in line.
(b) His father's warning to marry for money.
(c) His teacher's to study more.
(d) His wife's to be serious.
2. When Belcour arrives to visit Charlotte after John guiltily leaves, what does he do?
(a) Treats her to a night out.
(b) Helps to boost her self-esteem.
(c) Works to make her jealous.
(d) Gives her a letter from her parents.
3. When Charlotte writes to her parents after speaking to Mrs. Beauchamp for the first time, what does she tell them?
(a) She needs money.
(b) She distrusts them.
(c) She is abused in America.
(d) She confesses her guilt.
4. Why does Belcour act tenderly toward Charlotte?
(a) He feels terrible about her situation.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He doesn't want her to bother John.
(d) He is trying to seduce her.
5. When Charlotte thinks of the pain she'll cause her family if she travels with John, what does she do?
(b) Wrings her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henry Temple?
2. On the morning of John's wedding, about what does John warn Belcour?
3. What does John do for Charlotte after they arrive in New York?
4. Of what does John convince Julia as Charlotte befriends Mrs. Beauchamp?
5. After Charlotte feels better from her fever, what does her landlord want?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)