|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John meet Julia?
(a) Julia is John's commander's daughter.
(b) Belcour introduces John to Julia.
(c) John returns a box of valuables and finds a picture of a girl.
(d) John goes to the bank where Julia works.
2. For how long do Charlotte and John meet nightly in Chichester?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) Half a week.
3. Why does Henry discharge Eldridge's debt?
(a) He believes Eldridge is not guilty.
(b) He pictures Lucy's gratitude.
(c) He needs Eldridge's influence in politics.
(d) He has extra money.
4. For what does Rich Col. Crayton have a weakness?
(a) French women.
(c) Excellent conversation.
(d) Rich food.
5. After meeting Julia, what does John realize about Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte is his true love.
(b) He was only infatuated with Charlotte.
(c) Charlotte was only his first love.
(d) He should stay with Charlotte.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eldridge react to George's efforts at helping him with Lewis's loan?
2. How does John react when Crayton makes his announcement before the voyage to America is over?
3. What are Lt. John Montraville and Belcour doing in Chichester?
4. What happens to Lucy when she sees Eldridge arrive at the party without Charlotte?
5. Who gives Charlotte a note after the party?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)