|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Lewis demand an instant repayment of his loan to Eldridge?
(a) Eldridge forces Lewis to marry Lucy.
(b) Eldridge bans Lewis from his household.
(c) Eldridge punches Lewis.
(d) Eldridge marries Lewis' sister.
2. What happens to Lucy when she sees Eldridge arrive at the party without Charlotte?
(a) She begins praying.
(b) She screams.
(c) She goes into shock.
(d) She swoons.
3. In the letter composed after speaking to Mrs. Beauchamp for the first time, how does Charlotte specify she wants her child raised?
(a) To have love.
(b) To gain self-confidence.
(c) To be well-educated.
(d) To avoid her errors.
4. After three months of marriage, what has Crayton found out about La Rue?
(a) La Rue is vain and bad-tempered.
(b) La Rue constantly cheats on him.
(c) La Rue lied about being a good cook.
(d) La Rue cannot have children.
5. What does La Rue think of Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte is helpful and kind.
(b) Charlotte is her favorite student.
(c) Charlotte is a simpleton.
(d) Charlotte is distrustful and vain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belcour act tenderly toward Charlotte?
2. What has John's father warned him of?
3. Who is Mlle La Rue?
4. What excuse does Mrs. Beauchamp present to speak with Charlotte for the first time?
5. What does La Rue do at church?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)