|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zachariah think Captain Jaggery is rushing Charlotte's execution?
(a) He knows Zachariah is helping her.
(b) He has to show his power.
(c) They are nearing America.
(d) He wants her out of his sight.
2. What does Charlotte wish she could tell her family?
(a) Her adventures.
(b) The changes in her life.
(c) Their selfishness.
(d) Her new career.
3. How long would it take an able-bodied crew member to complete the task that is given to Charlotte to prove her loyalty to the crew?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
4. What does Captain Jaggery call Charlotte after she has completed her task?
(a) A demoralizing influence.
(b) A distraction.
(c) A disgrace.
(d) A demon.
5. What does Zachariah say that he needs in order to confront Captain Jaggery after Charlotte's trial?
(a) Support from the crew.
(b) Some time alone with the man.
(c) Concrete evidence against him.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Jaggery tell the crew and Charlotte to swear on before the trial?
2. Who, aside from Charlotte, sees Zachariah during the storm?
3. What does the crew do to give Charlotte privacy in the sleeping quarters?
4. Who does Zachariah bring back to the brig with him?
5. What will Zachariah do while Charlotte gets the key to the safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte do after the storm, and why is this so surprising?
2. What happens to the captain's cabin during the storm?
3. What is Charlotte told to do to prove her loyalty to the crew?
4. What is Captain Jaggery's main point against Charlotte during the trial?
5. What does Charlotte learn when she sees a bird flying far from land?
6. What happens when Captain Jaggery orders Charlotte to fix a tangled sail in the bowsprit?
7. What does Charlotte see on deck after she speaks with Captain Jaggery after the whipping?
8. What happens after Captain Jaggery is killed?
9. What happens when Charlotte is taken to the jail?
10. How does Mr. Hollybrass die?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)