|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fisk go to tell the men that Charlotte wants to help them?
(a) The forecastle.
(b) The galley.
(c) The upper deck.
(d) The brig.
2. Who speaks with Charlotte while she is in the jail?
(b) Captain Jaggery.
3. How long does it take Charlotte to complete the task to prove her loyalty to the crew?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
4. What are the ladder ropes on the ship called?
(a) Wind catchers.
(b) Spider's webs.
(d) Sailor's nooses.
5. What will Zachariah do while Charlotte gets the key to the safe?
(a) Get Captain Jaggery out of his cabin.
(b) Inform the crew of the plan.
(c) Write messages to the crew.
(d) Keep watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Jaggery call Charlotte after she has completed her task?
2. What does Hollybrass blame Captain Jaggery for?
3. Why does Captain Jaggery stay in his cabin when Charlotte joins the crew?
4. What impedes Charlotte's vision as she climbs the mainmast in the storm?
5. What does Charlotte wish she could tell her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Captain Jaggery is killed?
2. What does Zachariah realize when Charlotte accuses him of murdering Hollybrass?
3. What is Keetch supposed to do to keep Captain Jaggery out of his cabin?
4. What does Charlotte learn when she sees a bird flying far from land?
5. Who does Captain Jaggery say will decide Charlotte's fate in the trial, and what does this mean for her?
6. What does Mr. Doyle do with Charlotte's journal, and why?
7. What does Charlotte do to make her life easier during the storm?
8. What does Zachariah say he would need in order to confront Captain Jaggery, and what is Charlotte's response to this?
9. What does Charlotte see when she is taken on deck for her trial?
10. What happens when Captain Jaggery orders Charlotte to fix a tangled sail in the bowsprit?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)