|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the crew not defend Charlotte in the trial?
(a) They wanted her to die.
(b) They were protecting Zachariah.
(c) They think she really killed him.
(d) They are afraid of Captain Jaggery.
2. How long does Charlotte sleep after the storm?
(a) 16 hours.
(b) 14 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
3. Where does Charlotte go after Zachariah's whipping?
(a) The infirmary.
(b) Her room.
(c) The forecastle.
(d) The galley.
4. What does Charlotte ask a crew member when she wakes up after the storm?
(a) If they were blown off course.
(b) What damage was sustained during the storm.
(c) Why she was allowed to sleep so long.
(d) If anyone else saw Zachariah.
5. Who dies during the storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Captain Jaggery killed?
2. How long does the voyage take?
3. How does Charlotte feel when she puts her dress on again?
4. What does Charlotte see that makes her think they are nearing land?
5. What does Zachariah say when Charlotte accuses him of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlotte is taken to the jail?
2. What is Charlotte told to do to prove her loyalty to the crew?
3. What does Mr. Doyle do with Charlotte's journal, and why?
4. What does Charlotte do after the storm, and why is this so surprising?
5. What is Keetch supposed to do to keep Captain Jaggery out of his cabin?
6. What does Charlotte see when she is taken on deck for her trial?
7. What does Charlotte learn when she sees a bird flying far from land?
8. How does Mr. Hollybrass die?
9. What does Charlotte see on deck after she speaks with Captain Jaggery after the whipping?
10. What happens after Captain Jaggery is killed?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)