|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the rebellion?
(a) Mr. Keetch.
(b) Mr. Cranick.
(c) Mr. Hollybrass.
2. Who tells Charlotte about Mr. Cranick's injury?
(a) Mr. Hollister.
(c) Mr. Cranick.
(d) Captain Jaggery.
3. What does Zachariah make for Charlotte when they become closer friends?
(a) A book of drawings.
(c) A sheath for the knife.
(d) A cake.
4. Who does Charlotte trust most on the ship after her illness?
(a) Captain Jaggery.
(b) Mr. Hollybrass.
(d) Nobody but herself.
5. What does Zachariah offer Charlotte when he first meets her?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) An apple.
(d) New clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zachariah say he and Charlotte have in common?
2. What month does this book start out in?
3. Who punishes the crew for mistakes?
4. Who is the first person Charlotte talks to when she wakes up after being sick?
5. How many times does Captain Jaggery order Zachariah to be whipped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlotte's reaction when she hears that the other two families she was to travel with have canceled their voyages?
2. How does Charlotte feel when she wakes up on the ship for the first time, and what does she hope to do?
3. What happens while Zachariah is being whipped?
4. What does Mr. Cranick want from Captain Jaggery, and what happens when this is conveyed?
5. How does Charlotte feel about the scene she sees at the docks?
6. What does Captain Jaggery use as an excuse for harshly disciplining his crew?
7. What does Zachariah say to Charlotte as he makes her some tea, and how does she respond?
8. How does Charlotte feel about what Zachariah tells her as she is led to the captain's cabin?
9. What happens while Charlotte is left alone to look through her chest?
10. What does Charlotte learn about the crew after her illness?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)