|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zachariah say he and Charlotte have in common?
(a) They are bad omens.
(b) They are not meant for a ship.
(c) They are well read.
(d) They are outsiders.
2. What does Charlotte do to protect Zachariah after her illness?
(a) Denies talking in depth with him.
(b) Does not talk about the extra food he got for her.
(c) Withholds all the information he gave her.
(d) Lies about where she got the knife.
3. How does Captain Jaggery propel the ship with no wind?
(a) Changing course.
(b) Shifting the rudder.
(d) A man-powered propeller.
4. What is the weather like when Charlotte wakes up after being sick?
(a) Sunny and warm.
(b) Gray and overcast.
(c) Windy and cold.
(d) Rainy and humid.
5. What is the most interesting part about the outside of the ship to Charlotte?
(a) The figurehead.
(b) The symbol of the flag.
(c) The red paint.
(d) The sails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the captain notice is not aboard the ship as he takes roll?
2. Who punishes the crew for mistakes?
3. What does Zachariah forgive Charlotte for?
4. Who greets Charlotte when she first comes on board the ship?
5. Where does the man who takes Charlotte to the ship have business of his own to attend to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte think about while dressing after her experience in the cargo hold?
2. What does Captain Jaggery tell the crew just after he inspects them for the first time?
3. How does Charlotte feel when she walks with Captain Jaggery?
4. How does Charlotte feel about her room on board the ship?
5. What does Charlotte do with the gift Zachariah gives her?
6. What does Charlotte think when she first sees Captain Jaggery?
7. What does Zachariah say when Charlotte first speaks to him after her illness?
8. What does Charlotte see when she goes to the forecastle for the first time?
9. What happens when Charlotte goes to tell Captain Jaggery what she found in the forecastle?
10. What happens when Charlotte asks Mr. Grummage what her captain's name is?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)