|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlotte doing when Ewing breaks a needle?
2. What is Charlotte invited to have with the captain when she wakes up after being sick?
3. What does Charlotte do to protect Zachariah after her illness?
(a) Does not talk about the extra food he got for her.
(b) Denies talking in depth with him.
(c) Withholds all the information he gave her.
(d) Lies about where she got the knife.
4. Who does the captain notice is not aboard the ship as he takes roll?
5. How does the unknown sailor board the ship?
(a) He climbed aboard.
(b) He was loaded with the cargo.
(c) He was disguised as a member of the crew.
(d) He hid in a barrel of apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Mr. Cranick is beaten on another voyage?
2. Where does the man who takes Charlotte to the ship have business of his own to attend to?
3. Who tells Charlotte about Mr. Cranick's injury?
4. Where does Charlotte go to retrieve a needle for Ewing?
5. What word does Captain Jaggery use to describe the crew when he talks with Charlotte after her illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Cranick want from Captain Jaggery, and what happens when this is conveyed?
2. How many men on the ship want to be Charlotte's friend, and what does she decide to do about this?
3. What does Zachariah say to Charlotte as he makes her some tea, and how does she respond?
4. What does Charlotte do with the gift Zachariah gives her?
5. What is Charlotte's reaction when she hears that the other two families she was to travel with have canceled their voyages?
6. What happens when Charlotte returns to her room after speaking with the captain?
7. What does Zachariah make for Charlotte, and why?
8. How does Charlotte feel when she walks with Captain Jaggery?
9. What does Captain Jaggery tell the crew just after he inspects them for the first time?
10. What does Captain Jaggery use as an excuse for harshly disciplining his crew?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)