|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Jaggery call all the men to the deck?
(a) Fires a shot.
(b) Has dinner served on deck.
(c) Rings a bell.
(d) Sends Hollister to gather them.
2. What does Charlotte show Captain Jaggery after her illness?
(a) Her strong arms.
(b) Her knife.
(c) Her ruined dress.
(d) Her journal.
3. What does Captain Jaggery read when Charlotte comes to his cabin after her illness?
(a) His past travel logs.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Some of his own poetry.
(d) A Shakespeare play.
4. What does Charlotte feel like when she walks with Captain Jaggery?
(c) A bride.
(d) A slave.
5. What is located directly below where Charlotte's chest is being stored?
(a) The forecastle.
(b) The captain's cabin.
(c) The brig.
(d) Her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Jaggery hope to find among the crew?
2. Who tells Charlotte about Mr. Cranick's injury?
3. What word does Charlotte use to describe the captain when she has tea after being sick?
4. What does the man who delivers Charlotte's trunk say to her?
5. How does the man who takes Charlotte to the ship look when he comes back from his meeting with the captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlotte's reaction when she hears that the other two families she was to travel with have canceled their voyages?
2. What does Charlotte do when she first wakes up after being sick?
3. What happens after Charlotte's candle goes out in the cargo hold?
4. What does Zachariah say when Charlotte first speaks to him after her illness?
5. What does Charlotte see when she goes to the forecastle for the first time?
6. What happens while Charlotte is left alone to look through her chest?
7. What does Charlotte think about while dressing after her experience in the cargo hold?
8. What does Captain Jaggery ask Charlotte to do for him after her illness?
9. What does Charlotte do with the gift Zachariah gives her?
10. How many men on the ship want to be Charlotte's friend, and what does she decide to do about this?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)