|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man taking Charlotte to her ship at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mr. Farland.
(b) Mr. Grummage.
(c) Mr. Harbridge.
(d) Mr. Brimhall.
2. Why is the crew of the Seahawk working for Captain Jaggery again?
(a) They want revenge.
(b) They get along well with him.
(c) They get paid well.
(d) They can't find work on another ship.
3. What does Charlotte take out of her chest?
(c) A brush.
4. Who is the first person Charlotte talks to when she wakes up after being sick?
(a) Captain Jaggery.
(b) Mr. Cranick.
(c) Mr. Hollister.
5. What is Captain Jaggery's main focus, according to Charlotte?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His comfort.
(c) The ship.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens the door when Charlotte goes to find a needle for Ewing?
2. Who is chosen to receive punishment for the attempted mutiny?
3. How long does it take for Charlotte to become more comfortable on the ship?
4. Why does the captain tell the crew that they will have to work harder than normal on this voyage?
5. Who is the first man to appear on deck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Jaggery tell the crew just after he inspects them for the first time?
2. What happens while Charlotte is left alone to look through her chest?
3. What is Charlotte's reaction when she hears that the other two families she was to travel with have canceled their voyages?
4. What does Charlotte do with the gift Zachariah gives her?
5. What does Charlotte notice about the ship as she walks with Captain Jaggery, and what does he do about it?
6. What does Charlotte refuse to do for Captain Jaggery?
7. Who does Charlotte consider telling about her experience in the cargo hold, and why doesn't she?
8. What does Zachariah say when Charlotte first speaks to him after her illness?
9. What does Captain Jaggery use as an excuse for harshly disciplining his crew?
10. What happens while Zachariah is being whipped?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)