|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man taking Charlotte to her ship at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mr. Brimhall.
(b) Mr. Grummage.
(c) Mr. Farland.
(d) Mr. Harbridge.
2. How does Captain Jaggery call all the men to the deck?
(a) Rings a bell.
(b) Fires a shot.
(c) Sends Hollister to gather them.
(d) Has dinner served on deck.
3. What is the most interesting part about the outside of the ship to Charlotte?
(a) The figurehead.
(b) The sails.
(c) The symbol of the flag.
(d) The red paint.
4. How many children does Captain Jaggery tell Charlotte he has?
5. How does Charlotte feel about what she learns from Zachariah when she wakes up from her illness?
6. Who takes Charlotte away from the galley when she wakes up after being sick?
(a) Mr. Brownlow.
(c) Mr. Hollybrass.
(d) Mr. Hollander.
7. Why is Charlotte unable to do what she wants to do when she wakes up after her first night on the ship?
(a) The next port of call is two weeks out.
(b) They have already set sail.
(c) The captain is busy.
(d) There is no post on the ocean.
8. What does Charlotte use to try and defend herself in the dark cargo hold?
(a) The knife.
(b) A hammer.
(c) Her parasol.
(d) A gun.
9. What does Charlotte do to protect Zachariah after her illness?
(a) Does not talk about the extra food he got for her.
(b) Lies about where she got the knife.
(c) Withholds all the information he gave her.
(d) Denies talking in depth with him.
10. Who confronts Charlotte before she is able to tell the captain about the unknown sailor?
11. Where does Charlotte go after getting out of the dark cargo hold?
(a) The captain's cabin.
(b) The upper deck.
(c) Her room.
(d) The galley.
12. Who leads Charlotte on board the ship?
(a) Mr. Barlow.
(b) Mr. Grummage.
(c) The first mate.
(d) Captain Jaggery.
13. What is the name of the ship Charlotte will be taking?
(d) Night Owl.
14. What is Captain Jaggery's main focus, according to Charlotte?
(a) His comfort.
(b) The sea.
(c) His reputation.
(d) The ship.
15. What does Charlotte notice about the ship when she is walking with the Captain?
(a) It is moving slowly.
(b) It is bigger than she thought it was.
(c) It is very small.
(d) It makes a comforting sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man who takes Charlotte to the ship look when he comes back from his meeting with the captain?
2. Why is the crew of the Seahawk working for Captain Jaggery again?
3. Who is Charlotte excited to meet when she boards the ship?
4. Who beats Mr. Cranick on another voyage?
5. What happens after Mr. Cranick is beaten on another voyage?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)