|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Charlotte use to describe the captain when she has tea after being sick?
2. How does Charlotte feel when she is alone in the dark cargo hold?
3. Who delivers Charlotte's trunk to her?
(a) Mr. Barlow.
(b) Mr. Kratch.
(c) M. Grummage.
(d) Mr. Kreeb.
4. Who is chosen to receive punishment for the attempted mutiny?
(b) Mr. Cranick.
(d) Mr. Hollybrass.
5. What does Charlotte do after using the gift from Zachariah when they become closer friends?
(a) Puts it in her chest.
(b) Shares with the other crew members.
(c) Writes an essay.
(d) Hides it under her bed.
6. What is the name of the first mate?
7. Who takes Charlotte away from the galley when she wakes up after being sick?
(a) Mr. Hollybrass.
(c) Mr. Brownlow.
(d) Mr. Hollander.
8. What month does this book start out in?
9. What does Captain Jaggery hope to find among the crew?
(a) News of where Cranick is.
(b) A hoard of arms.
(c) A round robin.
(d) A contract of mutiny.
10. What does the man who delivers Charlotte's trunk say to her?
(a) Do not trust the captain.
(b) Get off the ship.
(c) Do not anger the cook.
(d) Stay in your room at all times.
11. Where does Captain Jaggery say all the arms aboard the ship are?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In his safe.
(c) In the galley.
(d) In the storage berths.
12. What does Captain Jaggery force Charlotte to do while Zachariah is being whipped?
(a) Whip him twice herself.
(b) Count the blows.
(c) Pour salt on the wounds.
(d) Watch it happen.
13. What does Zachariah forgive the crew for?
(a) Not standing up for him.
(b) Dragging him on deck.
(c) Being cowards.
(d) Starting the mutiny.
14. What city does this book start out in?
15. What does Zachariah forgive Charlotte for?
(a) Lying to him.
(b) Being selfish.
(c) Getting him in trouble.
(d) Not respecting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Charlotte wake up when she becomes more comfortable on the ship?
2. Who leads Charlotte on board the ship?
3. What is Charlotte most impressed about when she finally meets the captain?
4. Who checks on Charlotte while she is sick on the ship?
5. What does the man carrying Charlotte's trunk do when the captain's name is mentioned?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)