|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Charlotte's candle to go out when she is looking through her chest?
(a) Someone blows it out deliberately.
(b) A sea breeze.
(c) Her screaming.
(d) A drip of water.
2. Where is Charlotte taken after she leaves the galley after her illness?
(a) Her room.
(b) The captain's cabin.
(c) The deck.
(d) The conference hold.
3. Where does Captain Jaggery say all the arms aboard the ship are?
(a) In his safe.
(b) In the storage berths.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In the galley.
4. What does Charlotte save for her landing in America?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A drawing for her father.
(c) A clean dress.
(d) A bottle of wine.
5. What word does Captain Jaggery use to describe the crew when he talks with Charlotte after her illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Charlotte talks to when she wakes up after being sick?
2. What is Charlotte's father's occupation?
3. What is the name of the captain of the ship Charlotte will be taking?
4. What does Charlotte decide to do with the thing she stumbles over when she wakes up after being sick?
5. How does Charlotte describe the galley when she first sees it?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)