|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is smiling at Charlotte in the dark?
(a) A mannequin.
(b) A carved head.
(c) A coconut.
(d) A painting.
2. Why is Charlotte unable to do what she wants to do when she wakes up after her first night on the ship?
(a) They have already set sail.
(b) There is no post on the ocean.
(c) The captain is busy.
(d) The next port of call is two weeks out.
3. What does Charlotte see when she looks behind her while looking through her trunk?
(a) A smiling head.
(b) A noose.
(c) A leak.
(d) A rat.
4. What does Captain Jaggery hope to find among the crew?
(a) A round robin.
(b) News of where Cranick is.
(c) A contract of mutiny.
(d) A hoard of arms.
5. What does Captain Jaggery ask Charlotte to do for him after her illness?
(a) Keep Zachariah quiet.
(b) Spy on the crew.
(c) Warn the crew.
(d) Stay in her room as much as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many families is Charlotte supposed to sail with?
2. What is Charlotte's father's occupation?
3. What is the name of the man taking Charlotte to her ship at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Zachariah offer Charlotte when he first meets her?
5. What does the man carrying Charlotte's trunk do when the captain's name is mentioned?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)