|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Charlotte use to describe the captain when she has tea after being sick?
2. What does the man carrying Charlotte's trunk do when the captain's name is mentioned?
(a) Demands more money.
(b) Refuses to move another inch.
(c) Reaches for his pistol.
(d) Laughs maniacally.
3. Who is Charlotte excited to meet when she boards the ship?
(a) The other families.
(b) The captain.
(c) The servants.
(d) The priest.
4. What happens after Mr. Cranick is beaten on another voyage?
(a) He lost an ear.
(b) He went blind in one eye.
(c) He has a permanent limp.
(d) He lost his arm.
5. What does Charlotte do when she is left alone in her room for the first time?
(b) Writes in her journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte decide to do with the thing she stumbles over when she wakes up after being sick?
2. Why does the captain tell the crew that they will have to work harder than normal on this voyage?
3. What does Charlotte throw a knife at while she is sick?
4. What does the man who delivers Charlotte's trunk say to her?
5. Who takes Charlotte away from the galley when she wakes up after being sick?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)