|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte show Captain Jaggery after her illness?
(a) Her strong arms.
(b) Her journal.
(c) Her knife.
(d) Her ruined dress.
2. How many children does Captain Jaggery tell Charlotte he has?
3. What is Charlotte's highlight of each day after being on the ship for a month?
(a) Watching the men set sails.
(b) The ocean sunsets.
(c) Singing songs with the crew.
(d) Tea with Captain Jaggery.
4. What does Charlotte save for her landing in America?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A drawing for her father.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A clean dress.
5. What is it about the crew that Charlotte is entertained by?
(a) Their knowledge about the sea.
(b) Their tattoos.
(c) Their stories.
(d) Their language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first man to appear on deck?
2. How does the captain plan to communicate with the crew?
3. Why is Charlotte unable to do what she wants to do when she wakes up after her first night on the ship?
4. What are the ladder ropes on the ship called?
5. What does Charlotte do to prove to Fisk that she is willing to help the crew?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)