|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Jaggery call all the men to the deck?
(a) Has dinner served on deck.
(b) Rings a bell.
(c) Fires a shot.
(d) Sends Hollister to gather them.
2. Why does the captain tell the crew that they will have to work harder than normal on this voyage?
(a) There is a storm coming.
(b) Some of the crew are wounded.
(c) There is a lady on board.
(d) They are short a crew member.
3. How does Charlotte feel about what she learns from Zachariah when she wakes up from her illness?
4. What is Charlotte most impressed about when she finally meets the captain?
(a) His air of control.
(b) His fine clothes.
(c) His soothing voice.
(d) His kind eyes.
5. Who is the first man to appear on deck?
(a) Mr. Keetch.
(b) Mr. Ewing.
(c) Mr. Cranick.
(d) Mr. Fisk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte want to do when she wakes up after her first night on the ship?
2. What does Captain Jaggery ask Charlotte to do for him after her illness?
3. Who punishes the crew for mistakes?
4. How does Charlotte feel when she wakes up after her first night on the ship?
5. What is Captain Jaggery's main focus, according to Charlotte?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)