|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the captain plan to communicate with the crew?
(a) Through the first mate.
(b) Through personal interviews.
(c) Through the morning meetings.
(d) Through written messages.
2. What does Charlotte want to do when she wakes up after her first night on the ship?
(a) Purchase some bedding.
(b) Write to her father.
(c) Get off the ship.
(d) Speak with the captain.
3. Where does Captain Jaggery say all the arms aboard the ship are?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In his safe.
(c) In the galley.
(d) In the storage berths.
4. What does Charlotte do to prove to Fisk that she is willing to help the crew?
(a) She learns to tie knots.
(b) She signs a new round robin.
(c) She moves her things to the forecastle.
(d) She wears the clothes that Zachariah made for her.
5. Where is Charlotte taken after she leaves the galley after her illness?
(a) Her room.
(b) The conference hold.
(c) The captain's cabin.
(d) The deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Captain Jaggery use to describe the crew when he talks with Charlotte after her illness?
2. What is Charlotte's highlight of each day after being on the ship for a month?
3. What does Zachariah make for Charlotte when they become closer friends?
4. How does Captain Jaggery propel the ship with no wind?
5. Where does Fisk go to tell the men that Charlotte wants to help them?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)