|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arabs promise Congress?
2. Why does the CIA express deep gratitude for Wilson?
3. Where does Wilson believe Gust Avrakotosto be stationed?
4. What does 1984 bring Wilson?
5. In that time, what does Wilson begin pursuing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What truce is decided upon in Geneva?
2. Why does Vickers worry about his plan? How is he surprised?
3. What happens by September of 1986?
4. What happens as soon as Wilson arrives home?
5. What does the author do in Chapter Thirty-three?
6. Under what department do the wars in Afghanistan and between Iran and Iraq fall? What does this agency feel about this?
7. What takes place in 1984 in Wilson's life?
8. With what does Vaughn Forest approach Wilson?
9. How does 1985 become the key in the war against the Soviets in Afghanistan?
10. What are the greatest injustices with Avrakotos' leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wilson stays sober for eighteen months.
Part 1) What does this foreshadow?
Part 2) What does he do during these eighteen months? Are his actions different now that he is sober? Explain.
Part 3) How and why does he revert back to previous behaviors?
Essay Topic 2
1984 brings much change to Wilson's life.
Part 1) Name three of these changes. Describe these changes.
Part 2) Why do these changes occur? How do they affect Wilson?
Part 3) How is Wilson permanently changed by some of these events?
Essay Topic 3
Avrakotos and Wilson are kindred spirits.
Part 1) How do you know this? Compare these two people.
Part 2) How does their friendship affect those around them and those with whom they have contact?
Part 3) Is this friendship beneficial? Why or why not?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)