|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone in the CIA believe about Wilson and his plans in Egypt?
2. How does Wilson gain a flight to a dinner in his honor?
3. What is significant about the honor Avrakotos gets from the agency's African-American employees?
4. What does the government instruct Afghani mothers to do?
5. How does Wilson's assistant show that he has become very passionate about the cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the greatest injustices with Avrakotos' leave?
2. What happens in the summer of 1988 that affects Wilson?
3. What do Charlie Wilson and Gust Avrakotos work out?
4. What does Wilson continue to do at this time?
5. What does Chapter Twenty-eight introduce?
6. What happens as the war in Afghanistan gains legitimacy?
7. What happens when Avrakotos visits Wilson's office alone?
8. What does the author do in Chapter Thirty-three?
9. Who is Mike Vickers?
10. Why does Vickers worry about his plan? How is he surprised?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie Wilson is a dynamic man.
Part 1) Describe Charlie Wilson. How doe his personality prepare him for a career in politics?
Part 2) How does his personality also cause problems for him? How is his personality both helpful and detrimental?
Part 3) Why does he desire a playboy persona? What might have led him to desire this? How does this need for a lavish lifestyle affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Wilson frequently gets himself into trouble.
Part 1) Describe his personality. How do his actions reflect his personality?
Part 2) How do his actions affect both his private and public life? Why does he continue these types of behaviors?
Part 3) How does his personality affect decisions he makes regarding the conflict between the Soviets and the Afghans? How do his actions affect us today?
Essay Topic 3
1985 becomes a key in the war against the Soviets in Afghanistan.
Part 1) How does it become key in the war?
Part 2) What role do Avrakotos and Wilson have in the significance of this year?
Part 3) How does this year lead to later events in the book? How do the events that take place in 1985 impact us today?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)