|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vickers leave Avrakotos and the CIA?
2. With President Reagan's reelection, what happens to the political scene in Washington?
3. What does Avrakotos see in Wilson?
4. Why does Avrakotos hire Mike Vickers from the paramilitary branch?
5. What detailed look does the author give?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Charlie Wilson and Gust Avrakotos work out?
2. What does the author do in Chapter Thirty-three?
3. What does the enormous budget for Afghanistan do for Avrakotos?
4. What does Chapter Twenty-eight introduce?
5. Why does the CIA begin to worry about the mujahideen?
6. What takes place in 1984 in Wilson's life?
7. What happens in the summer of 1988 that affects Wilson?
8. What happens as soon as Wilson arrives home?
9. How does 1985 become the key in the war against the Soviets in Afghanistan?
10. How does Avrakotos realize that Wilson does not have monetary interest in the deal in Egyt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie Wilson is a dynamic man.
Part 1) Describe Charlie Wilson. How doe his personality prepare him for a career in politics?
Part 2) How does his personality also cause problems for him? How is his personality both helpful and detrimental?
Part 3) Why does he desire a playboy persona? What might have led him to desire this? How does this need for a lavish lifestyle affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Avrakotos works for the African division.
Part 1) Why does he begin working for the African division? How does he react to this? Why does he react this way?
Part 2) What is unfair about his change of division? What does this say about his power and influence?
Part 3) Why does Avrakotos' career end the way it does? How doe she feel about this? Why might he feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie Wilson replaces Simpson with Charlie Schnabel.
Part 1) Who is Charlie Schnabel? Why does Wilson hire him?
Part 2) How do the two Charlies influence each other? Is this good or bad? Why?
Part 3) How does this relationship affect the U.S. and other nations?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)