|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Wilson resents the fact that he cannot find a suitably beautiful woman in Pakistan?
2. Most of Wilson's time with the navy involves doing what?
3. What do these feelings of invincibility give Avrakotos?
4. Of the forty-nine other recruits, how many hail from Ivy League schools?
5. Who does Wilson begin to woo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Wilson, Shannon, and several Israelis do after weapons negotiations?
2. What strategy does Wilson employ when running for office?
3. Describe Wilson's trip to Pakistan in 1984.
4. How are the charges dropped against Wilson?
5. What does Charlie Wilson do on June 27, 1980?
6. What does Avrakotos do in 1962?
7. What takes place in the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
8. Describe a desire Avrakotos finds early in childhood.
9. What makes Wilson the first congressman to give money to the CIA?
10. What takes place between Wilson and Herring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The CIA begins to worry that putting the deadly mujahideen in charge will not be in any country's best interest.
Part 1) Who are the mujahideen? Why does the CIA not trust them?
Part 2) What does this worry foreshadow?
Part 3) What are Wilson's thoughts about the mujahideen?
Essay Topic 2
Avrakotos hires Mike Vickers.
Part 1) Who is Mike Vickers? Why does Avrakotos hire him?
Part 2) How do both Avrakotos and Wilson benefit from Vickers?
Part 3) How influential is Vickers in the decisions Avrakotos and Wilson make?
Part 4) How might their decisions have been different if Vickers had never been hired? How would this have affected American and other abroad?
Essay Topic 3
Gust Avrakotos is a CiA agent.
Part 1) What do you know about Avrakotos' character? How dose his personality benefit him as a CIA agent?
Part 2) Describe his career. how does it fluctuate? What causes this fluctuation?
Part 3) What is significant about his career and his friendship with Wilson?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)