|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At age twenty-seven, Wilson runs for what and wins?
2. Who of the tribal leaders will later voice support for Saddam Hussein during the first gulf war?
3. He graduates from the prestigious school with what?
4. Who denies to Russian officials that any Afghans are residing in Pakistan?
5. How does Avrakotos feel about the purge including the firing of first generation Americans in posts all over the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Wilson and Herring?
2. What is known about the refugees of the Afghan/Russian war?
3. How does Avrakotos feel about Wilson's rationale for money? How does he act publicly?
4. How is a job selling cigarette machines helpful to Avrakotos?
5. What makes Wilson the first congressman to give money to the CIA?
6. How does Chapter Thirteen open?
7. What reward of being a Congressman does Charlie Wilson enjoy the most?
8. What happens after Wilson's Las Vegas hot tub party is leaked?
9. Who does Wilson meet during the party? Describe this meeting.
10. How does the CIA carefully become involved when the Soviets attack Afghanistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wilson frequently gets himself into trouble.
Part 1) Describe his personality. How do his actions reflect his personality?
Part 2) How do his actions affect both his private and public life? Why does he continue these types of behaviors?
Part 3) How does his personality affect decisions he makes regarding the conflict between the Soviets and the Afghans? How do his actions affect us today?
Essay Topic 2
AID is formed so the United States holds no connection with huge stockpiles of weapons, confiscated during previous wars.
Part 1) What is AID? How does this organization work?
Part 2) Is this organization deceptive? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might the United States citizens have felt about AID? Why would they feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
The American missile, the Stinger, is created.
Part 1) How does this missile affect the world's view of the U.S.?
Part 2) How does this weapon affect the U.S.'s offensive capabilities?
Part 3) How has the creation of this missile affected what has happened in the Middle East? How are these effects still seen today?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)