|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does his family emigrate?
2. Who continues to balk at Congress forcing money on them?
3. From where is this person?
4. How does Wilson achieve his lifestyle?
5. What does Hart feel that bleeding the Russians represents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after AVrakotos tells off the European chief?
2. How does the CIA carefully become involved when the Soviets attack Afghanistan?
3. Who does Wilson meet during the party? Describe this meeting.
4. What makes Wilson the first congressman to give money to the CIA?
5. How does the person and place of the book change abruptly in Chapter Three?
6. For what does Wilson run? Does he win?
7. What takes place in Pakistan?
8. What does Avrakotos do in 1962?
9. What strategy does Wilson employ when running for office?
10. What happens to Avrakotos in 1975?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wilson decides the freedom fighters need a way to shoot down the Russian's Hind helicopter.
Part 1) How does he come to this decision? how does he also become somewhat obsessed with this mission?
Part 2) What steps does he take to acquire these weapons? What does this reveal about his character?
Part 3) How do these weapons and his efforts to acquire them affect us today?
Essay Topic 2
Wilson frequently gets himself into trouble.
Part 1) Describe his personality. How do his actions reflect his personality?
Part 2) How do his actions affect both his private and public life? Why does he continue these types of behaviors?
Part 3) How does his personality affect decisions he makes regarding the conflict between the Soviets and the Afghans? How do his actions affect us today?
Essay Topic 3
Avrakotos works for the African division.
Part 1) Why does he begin working for the African division? How does he react to this? Why does he react this way?
Part 2) What is unfair about his change of division? What does this say about his power and influence?
Part 3) Why does Avrakotos' career end the way it does? How doe she feel about this? Why might he feel this way?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)