|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Wilson employ?
2. How long does Avrakotos remain in hiding within the agency before accepting a job in the Near East division?
3. With whom does Wilson quickly leave for a tour of Israel and Pakistan?
4. Why does the CIA construct AID?
5. Where does Zia invite Wilson?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Wilson run? Does he win?
2. How does Wilson go against Congressional custom? What is the response to this?
3. Why does Wilson want to meet with someone from the CIA? Do they agree to meet with him? Why or why not?
4. How does Avrakotos feel about Wilson's rationale for money? How does he act publicly?
5. What does Charlie Wilson do on June 27, 1980?
6. What reward of being a Congressman does Charlie Wilson enjoy the most?
7. How does Howard Hart feel about Wilson's win?
8. What do Wilson, Shannon, and several Israelis do after weapons negotiations?
9. How does the person and place of the book change abruptly in Chapter Three?
10. What happens to Avrakotos in 1975?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie Wilson replaces Simpson with Charlie Schnabel.
Part 1) Who is Charlie Schnabel? Why does Wilson hire him?
Part 2) How do the two Charlies influence each other? Is this good or bad? Why?
Part 3) How does this relationship affect the U.S. and other nations?
Essay Topic 2
The Soviets have been a growing threat.
Part 1) How do you know they have been a growing threat? How has this threat affected Charlie throughout his life?
Part 2) How might Charlie's thoughts about the Soviets affect his ability to understand the Afghan leaders and their motives?
Part 3) How do Charlie and others deal with this threat? Is this fear of the Soviets warranted? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Wilson frequently gets himself into trouble.
Part 1) Describe his personality. How do his actions reflect his personality?
Part 2) How do his actions affect both his private and public life? Why does he continue these types of behaviors?
Part 3) How does his personality affect decisions he makes regarding the conflict between the Soviets and the Afghans? How do his actions affect us today?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)