|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson promise the young pilot?
(b) A promotion.
(c) A reward.
(d) A job.
2. Why does Zia lie?
(a) He will do anything to get what he wants.
(b) Islam allows lying, especially to advance a jihad.
(c) He is not an honest man.
(d) Lying is relative.
3. By September of 1986, Gust Avrakotos works for what division?
(a) The African division.
(b) The Asian division.
(c) The Latin American division.
(d) The Near East division.
4. Concerning the end of the war, who does Wilson feel a need to honor and thank?
(a) The Afghan leader.
(b) The Pakistani leaders.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The mujahideen.
5. What does the government instruct Afghani mothers to do?
(a) Hold secret funeral services.
(b) Leave off mentioning service on the gravestones of their dead sons.
(c) Have death certificates made that give a wrong cause of death.
(d) Forget they had sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vickers leave Avrakotos and the CIA?
2. Where does Avrakotos receive a permanent appointment?
3. What is Wilson's new assistant not above doing?
4. What year becomes key in the war against the Soviets in Afghanistan?
5. Unlike Howard Hart, how does Avrakotos leave the division?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens by September of 1986?
2. Why does the CIA begin to worry about the mujahideen?
3. What happens with the exit of Simpson?
4. What happens when Avrakotos visits Wilson's office alone?
5. Why does Vickers worry about his plan? How is he surprised?
6. What takes place in 1984 in Wilson's life?
7. Under what department do the wars in Afghanistan and between Iran and Iraq fall? What does this agency feel about this?
8. What does Avrakotos do in his new post in the Near East Division?
9. What are the greatest injustices with Avrakotos' leave?
10. What truce is decided upon in Geneva?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)