|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vaughn propose regarding the Air Force?
(a) They stop flying supplies for the war.
(b) They fly a large bomb over the Soviet Union and drop it to end the war.
(c) They fly supplies to Pakistan, with Zia's approval.
(d) They fly to pick up the leaders of Afghanistan and Russia.
2. Why does an embarrassing trip take place for Wilson and Sweetums?
(a) Wilson sneaks Sweetums onto a DEA plane.
(b) Wilson is drunk and acts inappropriately.
(c) Sweetums gets on the wrong plane.
(d) A strict pilot refuses to allow her on the DEA plane.
3. What do they also discover?
(a) The United States is not as powerful as they had believed.
(b) The instructions for creating weapons of mass destruction.
(c) Their weaponry is very antiquated.
(d) A cache of a type of rocket the agency has wanted for years.
4. How does the story begin to leak into the public?
(a) The mothers begin to talk to the press.
(b) The soldiers who return alive go to the press.
(c) The soldiers begin returning home, many injured.
(d) The fathers begin to talk to the press.
5. What do the Arabs promise Congress?
(a) To allow the United States the opportunity to assist in the Middle East.
(b) To assist them in any way possible.
(c) To match Congress dollar for dollar in Afghanistan.
(d) To stay out of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does 1984 bring Wilson?
2. A congressional aide to McCollum, Vaughn Forest, approaches Wilson with what?
3. What does the enormous budget for Afghanistan gain Avrakotos?
4. What is significant about the honor Avrakotos gets from the agency's African-American employees?
5. How does Avrkotos feel when the mujahideen manage to operate a success ambush without foreign aid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the war in Afghanistan gains legitimacy?
2. Why does the CIA begin to worry about the mujahideen?
3. What takes place in 1984 in Wilson's life?
4. What happens with the exit of Simpson?
5. What do Charlie Wilson and Gust Avrakotos work out?
6. What happens in the summer of 1988 that affects Wilson?
7. What does the author do in Chapter Thirty-three?
8. What does Wilson do in a period of eighteen months?
9. Under what department do the wars in Afghanistan and between Iran and Iraq fall? What does this agency feel about this?
10. What does Wilson continue to do at this time?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)