|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In demonstrations of the larger weapons, the machinery proves to be subpar. How does Avrakotos respond?
(a) He asks Wilson if he would buy it.
(b) He refuses to buy any of it.
(c) He buys it anyway.
(d) He is unsure of what to do.
2. During Christmas of 1986, how does Wilson reward eighteen months of good behavior?
(a) With one night of drinking.
(b) With a dinner out.
(c) With a celebration.
(d) With a party.
3. What does Vaughn propose regarding the Air Force?
(a) They stop flying supplies for the war.
(b) They fly supplies to Pakistan, with Zia's approval.
(c) They fly a large bomb over the Soviet Union and drop it to end the war.
(d) They fly to pick up the leaders of Afghanistan and Russia.
4. Why does an embarrassing trip take place for Wilson and Sweetums?
(a) Wilson is drunk and acts inappropriately.
(b) Wilson sneaks Sweetums onto a DEA plane.
(c) Sweetums gets on the wrong plane.
(d) A strict pilot refuses to allow her on the DEA plane.
5. What does the government instruct Afghani mothers to do?
(a) Hold secret funeral services.
(b) Forget they had sons.
(c) Have death certificates made that give a wrong cause of death.
(d) Leave off mentioning service on the gravestones of their dead sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlie Wilson and Gust Avrakotos quickly work out?
2. Where does Wilson believe Gust Avrakotosto be stationed?
3. What is Wilson's new assistant not above doing?
4. How does Vickers respond when Avrakotos begins to feel impatient?
5. What does Wilson promise the young pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wilson do in a period of eighteen months?
2. Under what department do the wars in Afghanistan and between Iran and Iraq fall? What does this agency feel about this?
3. What do Charlie Wilson and Gust Avrakotos work out?
4. What happens as soon as Wilson arrives home?
5. What happens in the summer of 1988 that affects Wilson?
6. What happens with the exit of Simpson?
7. What does the author do in Chapter Thirty-three?
8. What are the greatest injustices with Avrakotos' leave?
9. What takes place in 1984 in Wilson's life?
10. How does 1985 become the key in the war against the Soviets in Afghanistan?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)