|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Russian leader Gorbachev accuse Pakistan's President Zia?
(a) Support for Afghanistan.
(b) Support for the Soviet Union.
(c) Support for Iraq.
(d) Support for Egypt.
2. In demonstrations of the larger weapons, the machinery proves to be subpar. How does Avrakotos respond?
(a) He refuses to buy any of it.
(b) He asks Wilson if he would buy it.
(c) He buys it anyway.
(d) He is unsure of what to do.
3. Without a war to fight, what happens to Wilson?
(a) He spends more time traveling.
(b) He looks for new wars to start.
(c) He quickly returns to drinking.
(d) He retires.
4. In the beginning of 1986, who takes over in Afghanistan?
(a) Mohammed Zahir Shah.
(b) Milt Bearden.
(c) Mohammed Nadir Shah.
(d) Habibullah Kalakani.
5. What would these flights also transport to the United States?
(a) World leaders.
(b) Wounded mujahideen.
(c) The leaders of Afghanistan and the Soviet Union.
(d) Weapons from the Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlie Wilson and Gust Avrakotos quickly work out?
2. Unlike Howard Hart, how does Avrakotos leave the division?
3. Where does Wilson believe Gust Avrakotosto be stationed?
4. Why does Avrakotos hire Mike Vickers from the paramilitary branch?
5. When the last of the Russians leave Afghanistan in February of 1989, where is Avrakotos watching it on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vickers worry about his plan? How is he surprised?
2. What does Avrakotos do in his new post in the Near East Division?
3. Who is Mike Vickers?
4. With what does Vaughn Forest approach Wilson?
5. Under what department do the wars in Afghanistan and between Iran and Iraq fall? What does this agency feel about this?
6. What happens in the summer of 1988 that affects Wilson?
7. What happens when Avrakotos visits Wilson's office alone?
8. What does Vickers point out to Avrakotos?
9. What does the author do in Chapter Thirty-three?
10. What does Wilson continue to do at this time?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)