|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Avrakotos and Wilson meet?
(a) In dark, busy restaurants.
(b) In public meetings.
(c) In secret in Wilson's office.
(d) In secret in Avrakotos' office.
2. What does Wilson promise the young pilot?
(b) A job.
(c) A reward.
(d) A promotion.
3. Why does Vickers leave Avrakotos and the CIA?
(a) He disputes with these two men.
(b) He feels certain that his career can never grow more exciting that it already has been.
(c) He no longer wants to support the cause.
(d) He becomes ill.
4. By September of 1986, Gust Avrakotos works for what division?
(a) The African division.
(b) The Asian division.
(c) The Near East division.
(d) The Latin American division.
5. Who does Director Casey ask Wilson to support?
(a) The Constradas of Spain.
(b) The Constantinoples of Turkey.
(c) The Commanders of South Africa.
(d) The Contras in Nicaragua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arabs promise Congress?
2. What does the government instruct Afghani mothers to do?
3. How does Wilson's assistant show that he has become very passionate about the cause?
4. With President Reagan's reelection, what happens to the political scene in Washington?
5. What does Wilson learn in Egypt regarding the war effort?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wilson do in a period of eighteen months?
2. Why does the CIA begin to worry about the mujahideen?
3. What does Wilson continue to do at this time?
4. What does the enormous budget for Afghanistan do for Avrakotos?
5. What does Avrakotos do in his new post in the Near East Division?
6. How does Avrakotos realize that Wilson does not have monetary interest in the deal in Egyt?
7. What happens with the exit of Simpson?
8. What happens in the summer of 1988 that affects Wilson?
9. What are the greatest injustices with Avrakotos' leave?
10. What does Vickers point out to Avrakotos?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)