|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the CIA agents see themselves?
(a) As security guards.
(b) As protectors of the innocent.
(c) As cancer seekers.
(d) As superheroes.
2. Most of Wilson's time with the navy involves doing what?
(a) Marching in parades.
(b) Learning spy tactics.
(c) Learning how to fight.
(d) Secretly chasing Soviet submarines.
3. What does Gust Avrakotos desire?
(a) A new partner in the CIA.
(b) A new division within the CIA.
(c) A raise from the CIA.
(d) A promotion within the CIA.
4. With Long completely on board for Wilson's campaign ideas in Afghanistan, what does Wilson do?
(a) He works with Long to make plans for supporting Afghanistan.
(b) He begins pushing through funding that the CIA never requested.
(c) He decides to take a break and allow Long to do some of the work.
(d) He stops pushing for funds now that Long is on board.
5. When one tribe seems to get preferential treatment, how does the other tribe respond?
(a) It ignores the treatment.
(b) It fights.
(c) It complains.
(d) It retaliates by refusing to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a depression, what happens to Wilson?
2. Why does the CIA construct AID?
3. Feeling unsure about Wilson's ability to carry through on his elaborate promises, who does Zia call?
4. From where is this person?
5. How do Wilson and his friends receive a regal greeting in this country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Avrakotos in 1975?
2. What takes place between Wilson and Herring?
3. From where is Avrakotos?
4. What makes Wilson the first congressman to give money to the CIA?
5. What happens after AVrakotos tells off the European chief?
6. Why does Wilson want to meet with someone from the CIA? Do they agree to meet with him? Why or why not?
7. What does Joanne Herring advise Zia to do? Does he do this?
8. How does Zia feel about Americans, in the beginning? How does the CIA feel about Afghanistan?
9. How does the person and place of the book change abruptly in Chapter Three?
10. What takes place between Wilson and Hart?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)