|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1984, Where does Charlie Wilson travel?
(a) To Iran.
(b) To Pakistan.
(c) To Greece.
(d) To Saudi Arabia.
2. Wilson's call for more support of the conflict in Afghanistan marks what?
(a) The first time the CIA listened to a congressman.
(b) The first time a congressman supports the CIA.
(c) The first time the CIA gave money to Congress.
(d) The first time a congressman gave money to the CIA.
3. Does Agent Cogan give useful information to Wilson?
(a) Very little.
4. Who of the tribal leaders will later voice support for Saddam Hussein during the first gulf war?
(a) Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
(b) Nurul Amin.
(d) Wasim Sajjad.
5. Upon this first visit, what does Wilson decide that the freedom fighters need?
(b) A way to shoot down the Russian's Hind helicopter.
(c) Monetary support.
(d) More training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving, what does Wilson promise?
2. Why does Wilson ask to meet with someone from the CIA?
3. Why does the CIA visit Wilson?
4. Why does the CIA construct AID?
5. He graduates from the prestigious school with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wilson want to meet with someone from the CIA? Do they agree to meet with him? Why or why not?
2. For what does Wilson run? Does he win?
3. How is a job selling cigarette machines helpful to Avrakotos?
4. What does Avrakotos do in 1962?
5. How are the charges dropped against Wilson?
6. What takes place in Pakistan?
7. How does the CIA carefully become involved when the Soviets attack Afghanistan?
8. How does the person and place of the book change abruptly in Chapter Three?
9. What happens after AVrakotos tells off the European chief?
10. What is known about the refugees of the Afghan/Russian war?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)