|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the CIA agents resent about Wilson?
(a) He designates a substantial chunk for his own travel and leisure.
(b) He designates a substantial chunk for anti-aircraft artillery, and that they must account for all of it to Wilson.
(c) He designates a substantial chunk for his own purposes, and they must answer to Long.
(d) He designates Long as the advisor to the funds.
2. What does Hart fear?
(a) Anything more could anger the Russians to an escalation in both Afghanistan and elsewhere, endangering American troops.
(b) Anything that goes against the policies he has created when dealing with othe countries.
(c) He will lose his position in the agency.
(d) He will be unable to control Wilson.
3. How do the Soviets feel about the tactics of the Afghan fighters?
4. Just before he leaves for language school, why does he tell off the new European chief?
(a) The chief is rude to all of the agents.
(b) The chief insults him.
(c) The chief reverses the appointment.
(d) The chief teases him.
5. With Long completely on board for Wilson's campaign ideas in Afghanistan, what does Wilson do?
(a) He begins pushing through funding that the CIA never requested.
(b) He works with Long to make plans for supporting Afghanistan.
(c) He stops pushing for funds now that Long is on board.
(d) He decides to take a break and allow Long to do some of the work.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Wilson quickly leave for a tour of Israel and Pakistan?
2. After Wilson wins the congress over for the $40 million, how does the CIA react?
3. How does Wilson celebrate the charges being dropped?
4. When a recruiter from IBM presents a lucrative offer, why does Avrakotos refuse it?
5. After weapons negotiation, Wilson, Shannon, and several Israelis board a secretive flight for where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Howard Hart feel about Wilson's win?
2. What do Wilson, Shannon, and several Israelis do after weapons negotiations?
3. From where is Avrakotos?
4. What strategy does Wilson employ when running for office?
5. What does Joanne Herring advise Zia to do? Does he do this?
6. What takes place in the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
7. How does Avrakotos feel after going to a Greek witch and having that person put a curse on director Graver?
8. What happens after Wilson's Las Vegas hot tub party is leaked?
9. Describe Wilson's time with the navy.
10. Why does Wilson want to meet with someone from the CIA? Do they agree to meet with him? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)