|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A congressional aide to McCollum, Vaughn Forest, approaches Wilson with what?
(a) Ideas for the war.
(b) A request from McCollum.
(c) A truce between Russia and Afghanistan.
(d) Ideas for ending the war.
2. What happens to President Zia in the summer of 1988?
(a) He dies in a plane crash.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He dies from a heart attack.
(d) He resigns.
3. What does the agency want, regarding these countries?
(a) To distract the two as long as possible and drain their resources.
(b) To ignore their conflict.
(c) To demonstrate to them the powers of a democratic society.
(d) To aid them in their wars.
4. What American Missile, made by General Dynamics in California, is introduced?
(a) Last Stand.
(b) Great American Missile.
5. Why does Pakistani General Yasouf move to block the plan?
(a) He holds a grudge against Wilson.
(b) He worries about the safety of his people.
(c) He holds a grudge against US officials.
(d) He does not trust the Russians.
6. During Christmas of 1986, how does Wilson reward eighteen months of good behavior?
(a) With a celebration.
(b) With a party.
(c) With a dinner out.
(d) With one night of drinking.
7. How does Wilson's assistant show that he has become very passionate about the cause?
(a) He reads the Koran.
(b) He learns Arabic.
(c) He attends a Muslim religious service.
(d) He converts to Islam.
8. For what does Wilson continue to push the CIA?
(a) A secretive war effort.
(b) An end to the war.
(c) A smaller war effort.
(d) A bigger war effort.
9. Why does Zia lie?
(a) He will do anything to get what he wants.
(b) Lying is relative.
(c) Islam allows lying, especially to advance a jihad.
(d) He is not an honest man.
10. Who does Director Casey ask Wilson to support?
(a) The Contras in Nicaragua.
(b) The Constradas of Spain.
(c) The Commanders of South Africa.
(d) The Constantinoples of Turkey.
11. Near the end of 1985, all objections against what cease?
(a) Wilson's plans.
(b) The Stinger.
(c) The war.
(d) The Russians.
12. With President Reagan's reelection, what happens to the political scene in Washington?
(a) It turns to foreign aid projects.
(b) It turns against Wilson.
(c) It turns to internal projects.
(d) It turns deadly.
13. In staffing his team for this volatile part of the earth, Avrakotos insists on keeping his team ________.
(a) Fairly large.
(c) To himself.
14. What does Vickers point out to Avrakotos about the Soviet Special forces?
(a) The introduction of Soviet Special forces shows an interest in a war.
(b) The introduction of Soviet Special forces shows power.
(c) The introduction of Soviet Special forces shows desperation.
(d) The introduction of Soviet Special forces reveals them as a threat.
15. Unlike Howard Hart, how does Avrakotos leave the division?
(a) With pride.
(b) With satisfaction.
(c) Without an official award.
(d) With an official award.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilson gain a flight to a dinner in his honor?
2. Of what does Russian leader Gorbachev accuse Pakistan's President Zia?
3. Wilson shows interest in Vickers' plan, but on what does he still insist?
4. In the beginning of 1986, who takes over in Afghanistan?
5. With the exit of Simpson, who does Charlie Wilson hire?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)