|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Wilson sober?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Twelve months.
2. With the exit of Simpson, who does Charlie Wilson hire?
(a) Charles Schnabel.
(b) Joanne Herring.
(c) Mike Vickers.
(d) Gust Avrakotos.
3. Why does the CIA rush to get weapons in place?
(a) Before the Afghans can get revenge.
(b) Before the Russians can attack.
(c) Before the truce is broken.
(d) Before the truce goes into effect.
4. Why does Wilson enjoy the controversy in this country?
(a) It draws attention to Afghanistan.
(b) It is a war he is very passionate about.
(c) It draws unwanted attention from Afghanistan.
(d) He is motivated by battle.
5. During Christmas of 1986, how does Wilson reward eighteen months of good behavior?
(a) With a celebration.
(b) With a party.
(c) With one night of drinking.
(d) With a dinner out.
6. What does the agency want, regarding these countries?
(a) To aid them in their wars.
(b) To demonstrate to them the powers of a democratic society.
(c) To distract the two as long as possible and drain their resources.
(d) To ignore their conflict.
7. What do Cannistraro and other conservatives continue to do, as the war in Afghanistan gains legitimacy?
(a) Badmouth the efforts in the press.
(b) Support the war effort.
(c) Blame the liberals for the war.
(d) Make up lies to cover up the tragedies of the war.
8. What does Wilson promise the young pilot?
(a) A job.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A reward.
9. What happens soon after Wilson arrives home?
(a) He is presented an award at a dinner.
(b) Joanne wants to see him.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) A scandal breaks.
10. What does everyone in the CIA believe about Wilson and his plans in Egypt?
(a) He is an embarrassment to the United States.
(b) He is not the appropriate person to be meeting with a Prime Minister.
(c) He should not be taking a vacation at this time.
(d) He stands to gain from the deal.
11. A congressional aide to McCollum, Vaughn Forest, approaches Wilson with what?
(a) Ideas for the war.
(b) A truce between Russia and Afghanistan.
(c) Ideas for ending the war.
(d) A request from McCollum.
12. How does Avrakotos receive the ideas?
(a) With fear.
(b) With dismay.
(c) With annoyance.
(d) With excitement.
13. Unlike Howard Hart, how does Avrakotos leave the division?
(a) With satisfaction.
(b) With an official award.
(c) With pride.
(d) Without an official award.
14. What year becomes key in the war against the Soviets in Afghanistan?
15. What is significant about the honor Avrakotos gets from the agency's African-American employees?
(a) He is the last white man to receive it.
(b) He is the first white man to receive it.
(c) He has never been rewarded before.
(d) He is the first man to receive it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would these flights also transport to the United States?
2. In that time, what does Wilson begin pursuing?
3. What does Vaughn propose regarding the Air Force?
4. Why does Wilson invite Avrakotos to Egypt?
5. Where does Avrakotos receive a permanent appointment?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)