|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shannon show that she understands the secrecy of the trip keenly?
(a) She is dressed in a disguise the entire time.
(b) She does not speak during the trip, for fear of exposing secrets.
(c) She never develops the pictures she takes there.
(d) She never talks about the trip after it is completed.
2. How does Wilson feel for the deception?
3. At this time, the tribal leaders agree to what?
(a) Appear to be friends with Israel.
(b) Sign a peace treaty with Israel.
(c) Accept weapons from Israel, as long as they remain anonymous.
(d) Accept weapons from Israel and begin a friendship.
4. Of all the rewards of being a Congressman, what does Charlie Wilson enjoy the best?
(a) The research.
(b) The salary.
(c) The spying.
(d) The all-expense paid trips.
5. From where does his family emigrate?
6. In 1984, Where does Charlie Wilson travel?
(a) To Iran.
(b) To Pakistan.
(c) To Greece.
(d) To Saudi Arabia.
7. What does Gust Avrakotos desire?
(a) A raise from the CIA.
(b) A promotion within the CIA.
(c) A new partner in the CIA.
(d) A new division within the CIA.
8. At age twenty-seven, Wilson runs for what and wins?
(a) Mayor in his home town.
(b) Governor of Texas.
(c) State representative in his home state of Texas.
(d) President of the United States.
9. When looking back at the war in 1992, does Avrakotos believe the CIA did the right job in Afghanistan?
(d) He is not sure.
10. Why does Avrakotos not find anything written about the CIA?
(a) He only searches in the public library.
(b) In the early sixties, to write about the American spy is unpatriotic.
(c) It is dangerous to write about the CIA, so most authors avoid the subject.
(d) Only CIA agents can write about the CIA, and the agents are not often good writers.
11. In Israel, how does Wilson go against Congressional custom?
(a) He asks for money from Israel.
(b) He promises funding for the new weapon.
(c) He openly supports Israel without permission from Congress.
(d) He meets with Israeli leaders without permission from the United States.
12. How many tribal leaders from Afghanistan come to meet Wilson?
13. Where does Zia invite Wilson?
(a) To a meeting.
(b) To lunch.
(c) To a party.
(d) To dinner.
14. Through what country are many weapons smuggled into Afghanistan?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
15. With Long completely on board for Wilson's campaign ideas in Afghanistan, what does Wilson do?
(a) He works with Long to make plans for supporting Afghanistan.
(b) He stops pushing for funds now that Long is on board.
(c) He decides to take a break and allow Long to do some of the work.
(d) He begins pushing through funding that the CIA never requested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Wilson resents the fact that he cannot find a suitably beautiful woman in Pakistan?
2. In a discussion with the elders of the Afghan tribesmen, what does Wilson recognize?
3. Feeling unsure about Wilson's ability to carry through on his elaborate promises, who does Zia call?
4. What does Hart fear?
5. After weapons negotiation, Wilson, Shannon, and several Israelis board a secretive flight for where?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)