|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Wilson quickly leave for a tour of Israel and Pakistan?
(a) A model.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A photographer.
(d) A belly dancer.
2. Why does Avrakotos' job in Greece lose some of its appeal?
(a) When a rebel shoots a fellow agent in Athens.
(b) When he realizes how boring the job is.
(c) When his income is cut in half.
(d) When the Greeks do not accept him.
3. When does the CIA carefully become involved with Afghanistan?
(a) When the Afghanis attack the Soviet Union.
(b) When the Iraqis attack Affghanistan.
(c) When the Soviets attack Afghanistan.
(d) When the Afghanis attack Iraq.
4. Of all the rewards of being a Congressman, what does Charlie Wilson enjoy the best?
(a) The spying.
(b) The all-expense paid trips.
(c) The salary.
(d) The research.
5. At this time, the tribal leaders agree to what?
(a) Sign a peace treaty with Israel.
(b) Accept weapons from Israel, as long as they remain anonymous.
(c) Appear to be friends with Israel.
(d) Accept weapons from Israel and begin a friendship.
6. On June 27 of 1980, where does Charlie Wilson arrive?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) San Diego.
7. How does Charlie Wilson take the honored greeting he receives in Israel?
(a) With annoyance.
(b) With surprise.
(c) Very personally.
(d) Very lightly.
8. After Wilson wins the congress over for the $40 million, how does the CIA react?
(a) With a great deal of interest.
(b) With no enthusiasm.
(c) With enthusiasm.
(d) With sarcasm.
9. Who does Wilson begin to woo?
(a) Doc Wide.
(b) Doc Long.
(c) Doc Short.
(d) Doc Narrow.
10. Why does this man take offense at the leaks?
(a) He views the agency as a fraternity and even a family.
(b) He wants to be allowed to do his job.
(c) He hates when situations become complicated.
(d) He does not enjoy being in danger.
11. Does Agent Cogan give useful information to Wilson?
(d) Very little.
12. Why does Avrakotos not find anything written about the CIA?
(a) It is dangerous to write about the CIA, so most authors avoid the subject.
(b) Only CIA agents can write about the CIA, and the agents are not often good writers.
(c) In the early sixties, to write about the American spy is unpatriotic.
(d) He only searches in the public library.
13. Why does Avrakotos take the job offered to him by the CIA recruiter?
(a) He wants to support his country.
(b) The recruiter promises he will be able to travel the world.
(c) He has always wanted to be a CIA agent.
(d) The recruiter promises him a large salary.
14. In 1984, Where does Charlie Wilson travel?
(a) To Pakistan.
(b) To Greece.
(c) To Saudi Arabia.
(d) To Iran.
15. For what does Herring defend Zia?
(a) His part in the shooting death of his predecessor, Bhutto.
(b) His part in the hanging of his predecessor, Bhutto.
(c) His part in the exile of his predecessor, Bhutto.
(d) His part in the the impeachment of his predecessor, Bhutto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the forty-nine other recruits, how many hail from Ivy League schools?
2. When looking back at the war in 1992, does Avrakotos believe the CIA did the right job in Afghanistan?
3. About whom does the author give background information?
4. How do the Soviets gain worldwide negative attention?
5. Wilson feels his fighting spirit revive after what?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)