|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wilson ask to meet with someone from the CIA?
(a) To discuss their support of Congress.
(b) To discuss the war in Russia.
(c) To discuss the war in Afghanistan.
(d) To discuss his next trip to Afghanistan.
2. What does Gust Avrakotos desire?
(a) A promotion within the CIA.
(b) A new partner in the CIA.
(c) A new division within the CIA.
(d) A raise from the CIA.
3. Early in childhood what desire does Avrakotos have?
(a) To join the military.
(b) To be wealthy.
(c) To move to Greece.
(d) To leave his insulated hometown.
4. Why does Vickers leave Avrakotos and the CIA?
(a) He disputes with these two men.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He no longer wants to support the cause.
(d) He feels certain that his career can never grow more exciting that it already has been.
5. In a discussion with the elders of the Afghan tribesmen, what does Wilson recognize?
(a) They do not want any support.
(b) They want sympathy, not revenge.
(c) They do not understand who he is.
(d) They do not want sympathy, only revenge on the Soviets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the tribal leaders will later voice support for Saddam Hussein during the first gulf war?
2. After three years of the Afghan/Russian war, how many Afghans live as refugees in Pakistan?
3. Upon completion of high school, to where does Charlie receive an appointment?
4. After weapons negotiation, Wilson, Shannon, and several Israelis board a secretive flight for where?
5. What does the enormous budget for Afghanistan gain Avrakotos?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)