|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the CIA carefully become involved with Afghanistan?
(a) When the Afghanis attack Iraq.
(b) When the Soviets attack Afghanistan.
(c) When the Iraqis attack Affghanistan.
(d) When the Afghanis attack the Soviet Union.
2. From where is this person?
(a) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(b) Scranton, Pennsylvania.
(c) Allentown, Pennsylvania.
(d) Aliquippa, Pennsylvania.
3. What job does Avrakotos have?
(a) Selling soda machines.
(b) Selling cigarette machines.
(c) Selling magazines.
(d) Selling cars.
4. When a recruiter from IBM presents a lucrative offer, why does Avrakotos refuse it?
(a) He is too busy working already.
(b) He is uncomfortable working with computers.
(c) He has a problem with their stuffy dress code.
(d) He wants to be a CIA agent.
5. Just before he leaves for language school, why does he tell off the new European chief?
(a) The chief teases him.
(b) The chief reverses the appointment.
(c) The chief insults him.
(d) The chief is rude to all of the agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon completion of high school, to where does Charlie receive an appointment?
2. Where does he stay in this location?
3. What strategy does Wilson employ?
4. Why does Avrakotos take the job offered to him by the CIA recruiter?
5. How do the Soviets feel about the tactics of the Afghan fighters?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)