|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Avrakotos feel about the purge including the firing of first generation Americans in posts all over the world?
(a) Such moves are disappointing.
(b) Such moves are un-American.
(c) Such moves are harmful to the United States.
(d) Such moves will hurt his chances of being promoted.
2. What does the CIA not want between the US and the war in Afghanistan?
(a) A war.
(b) A battle.
(c) A link.
(d) A friendship.
3. When a recruiter from IBM presents a lucrative offer, why does Avrakotos refuse it?
(a) He is uncomfortable working with computers.
(b) He wants to be a CIA agent.
(c) He is too busy working already.
(d) He has a problem with their stuffy dress code.
4. Who denies to Russian officials that any Afghans are residing in Pakistan?
(a) Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the USSR, Nikolai Tikhonov.
(b) President Babrak Karmal of Afghanistan.
(c) President Zia of Pakistan.
(d) President Reagan.
5. Does Avrakotos agree with Wilson's rationale for the money?
(b) Yes, secretly.
(c) Yes, openly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Avrakotos take the job offered to him by the CIA recruiter?
2. How long does Avrakotos remain in hiding within the agency before accepting a job in the Near East division?
3. What does the agency want, regarding these countries?
4. What job does Avrakotos have?
5. Of the forty-nine other recruits, how many hail from Ivy League schools?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)