|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Avrakotos take the job offered to him by the CIA recruiter?
(a) He wants to support his country.
(b) He has always wanted to be a CIA agent.
(c) The recruiter promises him a large salary.
(d) The recruiter promises he will be able to travel the world.
2. How do the CIA agents see themselves?
(a) As security guards.
(b) As cancer seekers.
(c) As protectors of the innocent.
(d) As superheroes.
3. Who of the tribal leaders will later voice support for Saddam Hussein during the first gulf war?
(a) Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
(c) Wasim Sajjad.
(d) Nurul Amin.
4. Who continues to balk at Congress forcing money on them?
(a) The CIA headquarters.
(b) The Afghan government.
(c) The Pakistani leaders.
(d) The American people.
5. In Israel, how does Wilson go against Congressional custom?
(a) He promises funding for the new weapon.
(b) He meets with Israeli leaders without permission from the United States.
(c) He openly supports Israel without permission from Congress.
(d) He asks for money from Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a recruiter from IBM presents a lucrative offer, why does Avrakotos refuse it?
2. Just before he leaves for language school, why does he tell off the new European chief?
3. Why does Avrakotos not find anything written about the CIA?
4. How does Avrakotos feel about the purge including the firing of first generation Americans in posts all over the world?
5. Though he fails to gain friendship from Howard Hart, what does Hart admit?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)