• On June 27 of 1980, Charlie Wilson arrives in Las Vegas with all the fanfare of a very rich man, though he actually makes only a modest salary; Wilson achieves his playboy lifestyle through personal favors owed to him by prominent constituents.
• The CIA carefully becomes involved when the Soviets attack Afghanistan, and the Soviets gain negative attention worldwide after the mass killing of Afghan fighters.
• Wilson's call for more support of the conflict in Afghanistan marks the first time a congressman gave money to the CIA; yet, the generous increase makes no visible impact on the seemingly hopeless conflict.
• While in Congress, Wilson works hard to keep up his playboy image; yet, he secretly studies military history.
• As a young man, Wilson senses the threat posed by the Soviets.
• Upon completion of high school, Charlie receives an appointment to Annapolis and graduates from the prestigious school with the...
This section contains 2,789 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)