|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Tibbs, the United States Vice President, is also the former what of the President?
2. Who eventually pushes the required color of elevator button, even though it is too late?
(a) Grandpa Joe.
(c) Willy Wonka.
(d) Mr. Bucket.
3. What does Willy Wonka name as a necessary component of any being that wants to successfully enter the earth's atmosphere?
(a) A strong will.
(c) Pressure-sensitive qualities.
(d) Fireproof qualities.
4. What two words does Willy Wonka finally cry out when he responds to the voice coming from the loudspeaker in the Space Hotel?
(a) Limbo Lemeezi.
(b) Pimbo Pleezi.
(c) Fimbo Feezi.
(d) Mimbo Meetzies.
5. How many people are described as being "crouched in front of their television sets waiting for an answer to come from" whom, what, or where?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The mysterious strangers inside the Space Hotel.
(c) The President of China.
(d) Willy Wonka's Public Relations representative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy Wonka NOT name among the glass elevator's qualities?
2. What color is the elevator button that Willy Wonka says must be pushed at exactly the right time?
3. Who screams at the other inhabitants of the Space Hotel, telling them to get out as quickly as possible?
4. What order does the President give the inhabitants of the Commuter Capsule?
5. What kind of insect does the President inhale when he is told that the elevator has linked up to the Space Hotel USA?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason is the Space Hotel USA unoccupied when the Great Glass Elevator arrives?
2. Describe the thing that reveals itself when the elevator doors open inside the Space Hotel USA.
3. Who sings a song about the President in Chapter 8 and for what reason?
4. In what way is the theme of American violence demonstrated within the scene inside the Space Hotel USA?
5. Describe how the chapters concerned with political figures include racially problematic elements.
6. How is Willy Wonka's propensity for thwarting authority within the scene inside the Space Hotel USA?
7. What information about the President is revealed within the song Miss Tibbs sings, entitled The Nurse's Song?
8. Discuss the characteristics and resulting symbolism of the elevator buttons.
9. What method of movement in zero gravity does Willy Wonka teach to Charlie and his family?
10. Who is piloting the object termed the Commuter Capsule?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)