|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Charlie whisper that they must take some action once the voice from the loudspeaker threatens imminent violent action?
(a) Grandpa Joe.
(b) Willy Wonka.
(c) Grandma Josephine.
(d) Grandma Georgina.
2. How does the Chief Financial Advisor to the President balance the budget?
(a) On the tip of his toe.
(b) With calculators and computers.
(c) On his head.
(d) With a budget book and a pencil.
3. What trait does Willy Wonka list as the main quality of the "vermicious" creatures?
4. How many insect traps does the Chief of the Army order upon hearing the President's idea for a trap?
(c) 1 million.
5. Willy Wonka says that the Great Glass Elevator could link up with what type of animal if it were deemed necessary?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) An octopus.
(c) A shark.
(d) A hippopotamus.
6. How many elevator buttons does Willy Wonka press at once in an attempt to escape from the "vermicious" (57) creatures?
7. Who is NOT lying in bed within the glass elevator at the start of the novel?
(a) Grandpa George.
(b) Grandma Georgina.
(c) Grandpa Joe.
(d) Grandma Josephine.
8. On what planet do the "vermicious" (53) creatures live?
9. When the inhabitants of the glass elevator see the inside of the Space Hotel, they are silent due to feeling what emotion?
(a) Awe at the luxury within.
(b) Disgust at the dilapidation within.
(c) Excitement at their proximity to so many celebrities.
(d) Disgust at the gaudy materialism within.
10. What kind of insect does the President inhale when he is told that the elevator has linked up to the Space Hotel USA?
(a) A fly.
(b) A locust.
(c) A moth.
(d) A mosquito.
11. The Commuter Capsule is NOT manned by which astronaut?
12. How many Great Glass Elevator inhabitants are there in total?
13. How many chandeliers hang in the lobby of the Space Hotel?
14. The voice from the loudspeaker in the Space Hotel tells Charlie's group that they have how many seconds before violent action will be taken against them?
15. The narrator describes Willy Wonka's tirade of nonsense words against the loudspeaker voice as having "a touch of" what "in every syllable" (39)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grandpa Joe's reply when Charlie whispers that he is frightened by the rapid pace of the Great Glass Elevator?
2. How many rooms does the Space Hotel contain?
3. Which hotel magnate does the President blame for the disturbance at Space Hotel USA?
4. Willy Wonka tells the others that the "vermicious" (53) creatures travel through space in what type of groups?
5. The President gets an idea for how to trap what type of insect?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)