• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Dahl, Roald. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. 1972. Puffin Books, E-book.
• The book begins with a quick description of what happened in the previous book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
• Charlie and his family, including his parents and grandparents, are going to live at Willy Wonka's famed factory.
• At the start of the story, Charlie, Willy Wonka, Mr. and Mrs. Bucket, Grandpa Joe (who had gone on the adventure with Charlie in the first book), Grandma Josephine, Grandpa George, and Grandma Georgina are all riding in the Great Glass Elevator.
• The three grandparents besides Grandpa Joe, who never leave their group bed and are often referred to collectively by the narrator as the Old Ones, are getting worried about Wonka's contraption, the Great Glass Elevator.
• Wonka dodges questions about how it works, which...
This section contains 5,364 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)