|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who catches Charley stealing her eggs?
(a) Mrs. Honeycut.
(b) Sarie Griffen.
(d) Granny Bent.
2. Granny tells the people in Hearn Hollow that Charley's name is what?
(a) Charles Wales.
(c) Charley Skedaddle.
(d) Pete Primrose.
3. Why does Granny caution Charley not to speak in town?
(a) So no one hears his Yankee accent.
(b) So he looks smart.
(c) So no one hears his Southern accent.
(d) So no one speaks to him.
4. When Granny mentions the panther in Chapter 14 and it turns up in Chapter 15, that is an example of what technique?
5. When do Charley and Granny celebrate Christmas?
(a) On January 6th, Epiphany.
(b) On December 25th, Christmas Day.
(c) On December 24th, Christmas Eve.
(d) On December 20th, because they can't wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the panther's tracks distinctive?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Granny do when they hear a strange "bird call"?
3. Granny tells him that later he will have to do what with the little plants?
4. What does Granny receive in exchange for her skill healing the mountain people?
5. Granny tells the people in Hearn Hollow that she found Charley doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Charley pours out his story to a man on a wagon who tells him what?
2. What direction does Charley head, based upon advice from a Confederate officer?
3. In Chapter 13, what does it mean when Charley escapes the hen house but doesn't run away from the farm?
4. At the end of the story, is Charley more comfortable in the Blue Ridge Mountains or in New York?
5. Who gives Charley the nickname "Charley Skedaddle"?
6. How does the relationship between Charley and Granny change over time?
7. What is the Underground Railroad, and which characters were members of it?
8. The morning after the battle, Charley is forced out of his hiding place by what?
9. What really happened when Charley was thrown into a horrible battle?
10. Who is Thad Porter and why is he grateful to Granny?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)