|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a deserter, what could happen to Charley if he is found by Southern sympathizers like Granny's neighbors?
(a) He could be sent home.
(b) He could be given a medal.
(c) He could be shot or turned over to the Confederate Army.
(d) He could lose his pay.
2. What is the name of the old woman on the farm?
(a) Noreen Bent.
(b) Granny Brown.
(c) Jershua Bent.
(d) Penelope Pringle.
3. What is the name of Granny's mule?
4. How many children are buried in Granny's graveyard?
5. In Chapter 15, Granny and Charley travel where to help a woman prepare for childbirth?
(a) Brandy Station.
(b) The Hodder farm.
(c) The Bent farm.
(d) Hearn Hollow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny feed Charley after they first meet?
2. What does Granny call the panther?
3. What does Charley do to the panther?
4. Charley and Cois part as what?
5. How does Charley come to the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. The morning after the battle, Charley is forced out of his hiding place by what?
2. What mountains does Charley finally enter?
3. What direction does Charley head, based upon advice from a Confederate officer?
4. How does Charley change his uniform to try to disguise his identity?
5. What will happen to Charley if he is captured by the Union Army?
6. Is Charley a deserter?
7. What former runaway slave visits Granny Bent, and why?
8. What could happen to Charley if he is captured by the Confederate Army?
9. When he was in New York, how did Charley dream of acting in battle?
10. Who gives Charley the nickname "Charley Skedaddle"?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)