|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charley get into a fistfight with in Chapter 12?
(a) Cois McRae.
(b) Sarie Griffen.
(c) Pete Squarp.
(d) Con Sullivan.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Charley do when Granny locks him in the hen house while she has a mysterious visitor?
(a) He shoots the mysterious stranger.
(b) He shoots Granny.
(c) He escapes through rotten boards.
(d) He burns the hen house down.
3. What does Charley have to do after the mysterious stranger's visit?
(a) Give Granny first aid.
(b) Repair the rotten boards in the hen house.
(c) Build a new hen house after the fire.
(d) Find the Union Army.
4. When do Charley and Granny celebrate Christmas?
(a) On December 25th, Christmas Day.
(b) On December 24th, Christmas Eve.
(c) On January 6th, Epiphany.
(d) On December 20th, because they can't wait.
5. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Charley escape that first night?
(a) He is locked in.
(b) He is too hungry.
(c) He is too nervous.
(d) He likes Granny more than anyone he ever met.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the panther kill?
2. A man rushes past Charley shouting what?
3. What almost destroys Charley's hiding place twice?
4. In Chapter 13, what has Charley learned about the woods surrounding Granny's farm?
5. Charley and Cois part as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Underground Railroad?
2. What direction does Charley head, based upon advice from a Confederate officer?
3. The morning after the battle, Charley is forced out of his hiding place by what?
4. Who is the mysterious stranger who visits Granny in Chapter 13?
5. How does Charley change his uniform to try to disguise his identity?
6. What could happen to Charley if he is captured by the Confederate Army?
7. Charley pours out his story to a man on a wagon who tells him what?
8. In Chapter 13, when Charley escapes from the hen house while a mysterious stranger visits Granny, what does he do next?
9. How does Charley become more mature while living with Granny Bent?
10. Who is Thad Porter and why is he grateful to Granny?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)