|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hardtack is similar to what?
(a) Spam or ham.
(c) A dried biscuit or cracker.
2. In Chapter 15, Charley talks to Cois McRae and Cois agrees to stop what?
(a) Teasing Sarie.
(b) Climbing trees.
(c) Feeding the panthers.
(d) Fighting all the new kids.
3. Where does Charley find Granny?
(a) In an ambulance.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) At the Hodder farm.
(d) Beside the river near the trail.
4. What does Granny make Charley do in return for taking her eggs?
(a) He has to write a letter for her.
(b) He has to shoe a horse for her.
(c) He has to do farm chores for her.
(d) He has to sing a song for her.
5. What does Charley have to do after the mysterious stranger's visit?
(a) Find the Union Army.
(b) Build a new hen house after the fire.
(c) Give Granny first aid.
(d) Repair the rotten boards in the hen house.
6. How are the panther's tracks distinctive?
(a) One paw is turned in.
(b) It wears shoes.
(c) It only has 3 paws.
(d) One paw has 7 toes.
7. How many children are buried in Granny's graveyard?
8. What does Granny use to heal the mountain people?
(a) Magic beans.
(b) Ice water.
(c) Magic spells.
9. Where do Charley and Granny go to have her corn ground into cornmeal?
(b) Hearn Hollow
10. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Charley escape that first night?
(a) He is too hungry.
(b) He is too nervous.
(c) He is locked in.
(d) He likes Granny more than anyone he ever met.
11. By Chapter 13, what has Charley learned about herbs?
(a) Their names and how to paint them.
(b) Their names in English and French.
(c) Their names in English and Russian.
(d) Their names and how they can be used to heal people.
12. When Granny mentions the panther in Chapter 14 and it turns up in Chapter 15, that is an example of what technique?
13. What is the name of Granny's mule?
14. Charley sleeps where in an abandoned farmhouse?
(a) In the hayloft.
(b) With the horses.
(c) In a soft feather bed.
(d) Near the back door.
15. What family has feuded with Granny's clan for generations?
(a) The Hatfields.
(b) The McCoys.
(c) The Capulets.
(d) The McRaes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town does Granny take Charley to the store in?
2. How many farms did Charley see in New York City?
3. When does the panther attack Charley by jumping at him.
4. What does Granny feed Charley after they first meet?
5. The Blue Ridge Mountains are what?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)