|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Isaac Bent do instead of making moonshine?
(a) He helped slave owners find escaped slaves.
(b) He helped to brew beer.
(c) He helped escaped slaves find freedom in the north.
(d) He helped escaped slaves travel to Tahiti.
2. Granny points out that her husband was a carpenter who did not make what?
(b) Moonshine whiskey.
3. What does Granny feed Charley after they first meet?
(a) Bacon, eggs and cornbread.
(b) Deviled eggs.
(c) A hamburger.
(d) Ham and mashed potatoes.
4. How are the panther's tracks distinctive?
(a) It wears shoes.
(b) It only has 3 paws.
(c) One paw is turned in.
(d) One paw has 7 toes.
5. When do Charley and Granny celebrate Christmas?
(a) On December 25th, Christmas Day.
(b) On December 20th, because they can't wait.
(c) On December 24th, Christmas Eve.
(d) On January 6th, Epiphany.
6. What does Granny plan to do with Charley after she catches him stealing her eggs?
(a) Teach him to dance.
(b) Keep her eye on him.
(c) Take him for a horseback ride.
(d) Dance a jig with him.
7. What does Granny do with Charley's canteen?
(a) She buries it.
(b) She steals it.
(c) She buys it from him.
(d) She puts it on display.
8. Charley and Cois part as what?
9. In Chapter 11, why doesn't Charley escape that first night?
(a) He is too nervous.
(b) He is locked in.
(c) He is too hungry.
(d) He likes Granny more than anyone he ever met.
10. Where does Charley find Granny?
(a) In an ambulance.
(b) Beside the river near the trail.
(c) At the Hodder farm.
(d) In the hospital.
11. Does Charley think he will ever return to the Bent farm.
(a) No, he does not want to be locked in the hen house.
(b) No, he hates it.
(c) Yes, it seems like home to him now.
(d) Yes, but only to build a skyscraper.
12. Who made the bird call sound to signal Granny in Chapter 13?
(a) Con Sullivan.
(b) Thad Porter.
(c) Cois McRae.
(d) Sarie Griffen.
13. Where do Charley and Granny go to have her corn ground into cornmeal?
(b) Hearn Hollow
14. Why does Granny caution Charley not to speak in town?
(a) So no one hears his Yankee accent.
(b) So no one hears his Southern accent.
(c) So he looks smart.
(d) So no one speaks to him.
15. What would Thad Porter have to do if he caught Charley?
(a) Take him prisoner because Thad is a confederate soldier.
(b) Capture him or shoot him because Thad is a Union soldier and Charley is a deserter.
(c) Buy him a drink because Charley is a deserter from the Union army.
(d) Shoot him because Thad is a Confederate soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny make Charley do in return for taking her eggs?
2. By Chapter 13, what has Charley learned about herbs?
3. What religion is Charley?
4. What was the name of Granny's husband?
5. Did Isaac and Granny break the law?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)