1. In Chapter 1, why does Charley fight the other boy?
2. What is Charley's nickname for the New York City policeman who makes him stop fighting?
3. Where there any policewomen in Charley's time?
4. What does Michael Demarest say he will do if Charley does not stop fighting?
5. What does incorrigible mean?
6. Which soldier does Charley see marching in the street when he sneaks out?
7. Who sneaks Charley onto the soldier's boat?
This section contains 1,674 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)