|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Isaac Bent do instead of making moonshine?
(a) He helped slave owners find escaped slaves.
(b) He helped escaped slaves travel to Tahiti.
(c) He helped escaped slaves find freedom in the north.
(d) He helped to brew beer.
2. What gift does Granny give Charley for the holidays?
(a) She gives him a book.
(b) She gives him his canteen back.
(c) She gives him a hand-carved whistle.
(d) Nothing, she doesn't give him a gift.
3. Why did Jem reenlist in the army?
(a) Because he is patriotic.
(b) Because he was bored at home.
(c) For the bonus money.
(d) Because he is not married.
4. On board the ship, Charley learns that you must be how old to be a soldier?
5. Does Charley think he will ever return to the Bent farm.
(a) No, he does not want to be locked in the hen house.
(b) No, he hates it.
(c) Yes, it seems like home to him now.
(d) Yes, but only to build a skyscraper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charley and Cois part as what?
2. A man rushes past Charley shouting what?
3. What street is Noreen's apartment on?
4. How many children are buried in Granny's graveyard?
5. What gift does Charley give Granny?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)