|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the panther kill?
(a) Cois McRae.
(b) Many of the chickens.
2. Who is camped near the site where Silas Gorman and Charley practice the drums?
(a) German soldiers.
(b) Indian tribes.
(c) Families on vacation.
(d) Confederate soldiers.
3. As a deserter, what could happen to Charley if he is found by Southern sympathizers like Granny's neighbors?
(a) He could be sent home.
(b) He could lose his pay.
(c) He could be given a medal.
(d) He could be shot or turned over to the Confederate Army.
4. In Chapter 13, what has Charley learned about the woods surrounding Granny's farm?
(a) That moss grows on the north side of trees.
(b) How to tell the time of day by the sun.
(c) The names of the trees and flowers.
(d) The names of every person within 1,000 miles.
5. What is the name of the old woman on the farm?
(a) Granny Brown.
(b) Noreen Bent.
(c) Jershua Bent.
(d) Penelope Pringle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charley meet again on the train?
2. What does Charley plan to do with some of the money he earns in the Union Army?
3. Who is the wounded solder that Charley sees in the battle?
4. Why did Jem reenlist in the army?
5. Where is the headquarters of the 140th regiment?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)