|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose rifle does Charley grab during the battle?
(c) The captain's.
2. A man rushes past Charley shouting what?
(a) That the war is over.
(b) That the patrols are up ahead, searching for deserters to shoot.
(c) That he is tired and thirsty.
(d) That the surf is up.
3. What does Granny make Charley do in return for taking her eggs?
(a) He has to write a letter for her.
(b) He has to sing a song for her.
(c) He has to do farm chores for her.
(d) He has to shoe a horse for her.
4. According to Silas Gorman, do drummer boys ever fight?
(a) They aren't supposed to and don't have guns.
(b) No, drummer boys are only in songs.
(c) Yes, that is their main job.
(d) There are no drummer boys.
5. What happens to Charley's drum in the fighting?
(a) It is destroyed by a bullet.
(b) It is scratched but not harmed.
(c) It is lost in the waves.
(d) It is stepped on by a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Isaac and Granny break the law?
2. After getting off the boat, how does Charley get to headquarters?
3. What is the name of the old woman on the farm?
4. Who is camped near the site where Silas Gorman and Charley practice the drums?
5. Where is the headquarters of the 140th regiment?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)