|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charley is almost sent to which prisoner of war camp?
2. Who captures Charley in Chapter 8?
(a) A Russian soldier.
(b) A Confederate soldier.
(c) A Union soldier.
(d) A French soldier.
3. What does Charley plan to do with some of the money he earns in the Union Army?
(a) Send it to Granny Bent.
(b) Send it to Michael Demarest.
(c) Send it to Noreen.
(d) Send it to his mother.
4. The Bowery Boys take their name from what?
(a) The Bronx area of New York City.
(b) The Bowery area of New York City.
(c) The poem "Bowery Boys."
(d) The song "Bowery Boys."
5. Con tells Charley that he can become what?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A good student.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Con refuse to pay Charley's boat fare home?
2. What gang was Charley's brother Johnny a member of before he joined the army?
3. What happens to Charley's drum in the fighting?
4. Granny points out that her husband was a carpenter who did not make what?
5. What is Charley's biggest goal in joining the regiment?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)