|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charley meet again on the train?
(a) Con Sullivan.
(b) Silas Gorman.
(c) General Grant.
(d) Jem Miller.
2. What street is Noreen's apartment on?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Crystie Street.
(d) Wall Street.
3. What does Charley say in his letter to Noreen?
(a) That Michael Demarest is a bad person.
(b) That Charley is getting married.
(c) That now it will be easier for her to marry Michael Demarest.
(d) That Noreen should not get married.
4. One day, Charley and Silas see which soldier tied to a tree as punishment?
(a) Jem Miller.
(b) Angus McCreedy.
(c) Con Sullivan.
(d) Tom Jefferson.
5. Charley is thrilled to be assigned to what regiment?
(a) The 101st Airborne.
(b) The 140th -- Johnny's old regiment.
(c) The 222nd -- Con's regiment.
(d) The 22nd regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gang was Charley's brother Johnny a member of before he joined the army?
2. What is the nickname for a New York police officer in the novel?
3. On the long march to battle, Charley becomes what?
4. What does "fall in" mean?
5. What two sides fought in the Civil War?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)