|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who captures Charley in Chapter 8?
(a) A Confederate soldier.
(b) A Russian soldier.
(c) A French soldier.
(d) A Union soldier.
2. What is Noreen's business?
(a) She sews dresses for women.
(b) She designs suits for men.
(c) She bakes bread.
(d) She decorates hats for women.
3. What year is the novel set in?
4. On the train to the regiment, the men tease Charley. How old do they guess he is?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 9 or 10 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
5. What does Silas Gorman want to do?
(a) Go to Philadelphia since he is only 15.
(b) Go home to Pennsylvania now that he has turned 16.
(c) Become a soldier now that he has turned 16 and is old enough.
(d) Stay a drummer boy forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gang was Charley's brother Johnny a member of before he joined the army?
2. While practicing the drums, Silas Gorman says they will return to camp if what happens?
3. What is Charley's biggest goal in joining the regiment?
4. What does Michael Demarest threaten to do with Charley?
5. Where does Charley see the first Confederate soldier in the battle?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)