|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "fall in" mean?
(a) To fall in a swimming pool and drown.
(b) To fall off a roof and break your arm.
(c) For leaves to fall in a bucket.
(d) To march behind someone.
2. Who is the second soldier that Charley meets on board?
(a) Jem Miller.
(b) Purcy Murray.
(c) Travis Brown.
(d) Austin Stephens.
3. Before the shooting starts, what does Charlie plan to do in his first battle?
(a) Burst out crying and get sent home.
(b) Keep drumming and nothing else.
(c) Grab someone else's rifle and fight heroically, like Johnny.
(d) Hide in the bushes.
4. On the way home, Charley gets into a fight with a member of what rival gang?
(a) The Dead Rabbits.
(b) The Crips.
(c) The Bowery Boys.
(d) The Latin Kings.
5. On the train to the regiment, what does one man suggest they do with Charley?
(a) Give him a hot air balloon.
(b) Teach him a lesson.
(c) Send him home to grow.
(d) Make him a junior officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. On board the ship, Charley learns that you must be how old to be a soldier?
2. Who is Noreen?
3. What is Con's last name?
4. After getting off the boat, how does Charley get to headquarters?
5. What does Con convince Charley to do?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)