|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is the novel set in?
2. Why does Con refuse to pay Charley's boat fare home?
(a) Because he likes Charley too much.
(b) Because he has lost all his money gambling.
(c) Because he is seasick.
(d) Because it is Tuesday.
3. Who is Silas Gorman?
(a) Charley's replacement as a drummer boy.
(b) Jem's best friend.
(c) The current drummer boy, who will train Charley.
(d) Johnny's best friend.
4. How old is Charley at the beginning of the story?
5. According to Silas Gorman, do drummer boys ever fight?
(a) They aren't supposed to and don't have guns.
(b) Yes, that is their main job.
(c) No, drummer boys are only in songs.
(d) There are no drummer boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charley think he knows how to fire a gun in battle?
2. What street is Noreen's apartment on?
3. What is Charley's punishment for fighting?
4. Con tells Charley that he can become what?
5. What is Noreen's business?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)