|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After getting off the boat, how does Charley get to headquarters?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a helicopter.
(c) On another boat.
(d) On a bus.
2. Who does Charley meet again on the train?
(a) Con Sullivan.
(b) Silas Gorman.
(c) Jem Miller.
(d) General Grant.
3. Where is the headquarters of the 140th regiment?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) In the Maryland Hotel.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) In the Virginia Hotel.
4. What has Jem done with the money he had?
(a) Lost it all gambling.
(b) Given it to Charley.
(c) Left it with his wife.
(d) Spent it.
5. Why did Con reenlist in the army?
(a) Because he is heroic.
(b) For fun.
(c) Because he is patriotic.
(d) For the bonus money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New York gang does Charley belong to?
2. On the way home, Charley gets into a fight with a member of what rival gang?
3. On board the ship, Charley learns that you must be how old to be a soldier?
4. What does "fall in" mean?
5. What year is the novel set in?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)