|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Noreen's business?
(a) She bakes bread.
(b) She designs suits for men.
(c) She decorates hats for women.
(d) She sews dresses for women.
2. Con abandons Charley to do what on board the ship?
(a) Smoke and dance.
(b) Drink and gamble.
(c) Read and write.
(d) Write letters home.
3. Why did Con reenlist in the army?
(a) For fun.
(b) For the bonus money.
(c) Because he is heroic.
(d) Because he is patriotic.
4. Where does the train stop to let most of the soldiers out?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Charlottesville, Virginia.
(c) Princess Ann, Maryland.
(d) Brandy Station, Virginia.
5. Where is the headquarters of the 140th regiment?
(a) In the Virginia Hotel.
(b) In the Maryland Hotel.
(c) In Washington, D.C.
(d) In Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two Union generals are rumored to be at the Culpepper headquarters?
2. Charley tells Con that Michael has threatened to send him where?
3. Who is Michael Demarest?
4. What has Jem done with the money he had?
5. What does Con convince Charley to do?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)