|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Con say about his treatment of Charley?
(a) At least everyone is together.
(b) At least Con saved Charley from an orphanage.
(c) At least Con is an officer now.
(d) At least Charley is a captain in the army now.
2. Charley tells Con that Michael has threatened to send him where?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the swimming pool.
(c) Home to bed.
(d) To an orphanage.
3. Why did Jem reenlist in the army?
(a) Because he is not married.
(b) Because he was bored at home.
(c) Because he is patriotic.
(d) For the bonus money.
4. Before the shooting starts, what does Charlie plan to do in his first battle?
(a) Grab someone else's rifle and fight heroically, like Johnny.
(b) Hide in the bushes.
(c) Keep drumming and nothing else.
(d) Burst out crying and get sent home.
5. On the train to the regiment, the men tease Charley. How old do they guess he is?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 9 or 10 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New York gang does Charley belong to?
2. What does Charley do that first evening?
3. After getting off the boat, how does Charley get to headquarters?
4. Con says the only reason he returned Johnny's watch was why?
5. What year is the novel set in?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)