|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is Charley?
2. What other duties does Charley handle?
(a) Washing dishes, peeling potatoes, polishing shoes.
(b) None -- he has no duties.
(c) Running errands, fetching groceries, washing dishes.
(d) Running errands, helping with maps, carrying water.
3. What does Michael Demarest threaten to do with Charley?
(a) Send him to a home for incorrigibles.
(b) Send him to war.
(c) Adopt him.
(d) Make him join the army.
4. What do Granny's neighbors call people from the north, especially soldiers?
5. Who is camped near the site where Silas Gorman and Charley practice the drums?
(a) Confederate soldiers.
(b) Indian tribes.
(c) Families on vacation.
(d) German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Granny's husband buried.
2. On the train to the regiment, what does one man suggest they do with Charley?
3. What happens to Jem in the battle?
4. What two sides fought in the Civil War?
5. Granny tells the people in Hearn Hollow that she found Charley doing what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)