|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Silas Gorman, do drummer boys ever fight?
(a) They aren't supposed to and don't have guns.
(b) No, drummer boys are only in songs.
(c) Yes, that is their main job.
(d) There are no drummer boys.
2. How did Johnny die?
(a) He was killed accidentally by a Bowery Boy.
(b) He was killed by a Dead Rabbit.
(c) He was run over by a truck.
(d) He was killed in a Civil War battle at Gettysburg.
3. On the long march to battle, Charley becomes what?
(a) Very happy.
(b) More relaxed than ever.
(c) Very, very tired.
(d) Less stressed-out than before.
4. Who is the second soldier that Charley meets on board?
(a) Austin Stephens.
(b) Travis Brown.
(c) Purcy Murray.
(d) Jem Miller.
5. What does Charley suddenly realize in the middle of the battle?
(a) That he has shot and killed a Union soldier.
(b) That he has shot and killed a Confederate soldier.
(c) That he has been shot.
(d) That he has shot and killed a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley plan to do with some of the money he earns in the Union Army?
2. What does Charley do with the rifle?
3. What gang was Charley's brother Johnny a member of before he joined the army?
4. The Confederate office urges Charley to run away in what direction?
5. Where does the train stop to let most of the soldiers out?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)