|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is camped near the site where Silas Gorman and Charley practice the drums?
(a) Indian tribes.
(b) Confederate soldiers.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) Families on vacation.
2. What happens to a drummer who is late?
(a) He faces a serious punishment.
(b) He has to stay after class.
(c) He has to work on Saturday.
(d) He gets a cookie.
3. Who is Marcus?
(a) A former slave who oversees meal preparations.
(b) A slave owner who is in the Union Army.
(c) The captain of the 140th regiment.
(d) A current slave who takes care of the horses.
4. Who is Con?
(a) Noreen's fiance.
(b) Charley's father.
(c) A friend of Johnny's and fellow soldier.
(d) A truck driver.
5. Talking to Jem before the battle, Charley says that deserters are nothing but what?
(b) Brave men.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the boat trip, an officer tells Charlie that he can be what?
2. Where does the train stop to let most of the soldiers out?
3. Where is the headquarters of the 140th regiment?
4. What does Charley say in his letter to Noreen?
5. What two sides fought in the Civil War?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)