|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname for a New York police officer in the novel?
(a) A Metro Man.
(b) A Metropolitan.
(c) A goon.
(d) A blue suit.
2. Who is Marcus?
(a) A slave owner who is in the Union Army.
(b) A current slave who takes care of the horses.
(c) The captain of the 140th regiment.
(d) A former slave who oversees meal preparations.
3. Where does the train stop to let most of the soldiers out?
(a) Charlottesville, Virginia.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Brandy Station, Virginia.
(d) Princess Ann, Maryland.
4. What two Union generals are rumored to be at the Culpepper headquarters?
(a) General Grant and General Jones.
(b) General Grant and General Meade.
(c) General Grant and General Jackson.
(d) General Meade and General Ale.
5. After Charley is captured, where is he taken?
(a) To a prison camp.
(b) To a Union camp.
(c) To New York.
(d) To a Confederate encampment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter, Charley tells Noreen what?
2. What is Noreen's business?
3. While practicing the drums, Silas Gorman says they will return to camp if what happens?
4. How much do soldiers in the Union Army earn?
5. What does Charley do that first evening?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)