|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Ayers says will happen to anyone who runs away during battle?
(a) He will be given a ticket home.
(b) He will be hung, but not for a few years.
(c) He will be given a fair trial and then hung.
(d) He will immediately be shot.
2. What is the name of Granny's mule?
3. According to Silas Gorman, do drummer boys ever fight?
(a) Yes, that is their main job.
(b) There are no drummer boys.
(c) They aren't supposed to and don't have guns.
(d) No, drummer boys are only in songs.
4. What does Granny make Charley do in return for taking her eggs?
(a) He has to do farm chores for her.
(b) He has to write a letter for her.
(c) He has to sing a song for her.
(d) He has to shoe a horse for her.
5. At the end of the boat trip, an officer tells Charlie that he can be what?
(a) The regiment's new drummer boy.
(b) A captain.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A member of the ROTC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Granny's neighbors call people from the north, especially soldiers?
2. What gang was Charley's brother Johnny a member of before he joined the army?
3. What year is the novel set in?
4. What two sides fought in the Civil War?
5. Who is Noreen?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)