|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Mayans abandon their cities and temples?
2. At the beginning of what century did the first European settlers land on Easter Island?
3. The Mayans believed that a fixed number of steps of a building had to be completed every how many years?
4. The distance covered by the Mayans from the territory of the old to the new kingdom measures how many miles?
5. What radiation frequency does von Däniken suggest may be known throughout the universe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken make of the majority of UFO sightings? What does he say of the minority?
2. What is von Däniken's argument for space travel in relation to population?
3. Who is Virococha?
4. What scientific efforts does von Däniken praise in Chapter 11?
5. How is the stone relief of the Mayans described in Chapter 9?
6. Describe the first attempt to reach extraterrestrials via radio signals.
7. What expeditions does von Däniken write of in Russia in Chapter 10?
8. What risky and controversial subject does von Däniken approach in Chapter 10? How does he approach this?
9. What conjecture does von Däniken make about the building of the pyramids in Chapter 7?
10. What is the established method by which the Egyptian pyramid blocks moved the stone slabs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are von Däniken's feelings toward traditional archeology and the scientific community? Why? How do they view his theories?
Essay Topic 2
What does von Däniken's theory maintain regarding intergalactic breeding and genetic alteration?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Mahabharata? Where did it originate and when? What examples from this text does von Däniken refer to specifically and why?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)