|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Dutch astrophysicist determined that CTA 102 must be about 10 billion light years from Earth?
2. Who wrote Our Inheritance of the Great Pyramid?
3. What archeologist's investigations of Easter Island produced three clearly distinctive periods?
4. The terrace north of Damascus is a platform built of stone blocks, some of which weigh nearly how many tons?
5. How many miles is Tikal from the Pacific Ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken feel of the attempts to contact outer space in Chapter 11?
2. What does von Däniken theorize happened to the Mayans?
3. What does von Däniken write of the Mayan calendar in Chapter 9?
4. What "side effects" does von Däniken cite in Chapter 10 as valid reasons for space travel?
5. Describe the first attempt to reach extraterrestrials via radio signals.
6. What conjecture does von Däniken make about the building of the pyramids in Chapter 7?
7. What physical and mathematical characteristics of the Egyptian Pyramids does von Däniken discuss in Chapter 7?
8. What risky and controversial subject does von Däniken approach in Chapter 10? How does he approach this?
9. Who is Virococha?
10. What connections does von Däniken draw between Easter Island and Tiahuanaco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What examples does von Däniken cite involving Noah and Moses from the Holy Bible? What is his theory on the Ark of Covenance?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what von Däniken surmises as the reasons behind Egyptian mummification. What examples does the author cite outside of Egypt of body preservation? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Piri Reis maps. Why are these important to von Däniken? What does he assert that the maps prove?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)