|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not grow on Easter Island?
2. The terrace north of Damascus is a platform built of stone blocks, some of which weigh nearly how many tons?
3. The stone for the hats of the statues on Easter Island weighed more than how many tons apiece?
4. Some of the statues of Easter Island weighed as much as how many tons?
5. What was the population of cows in India in 1966?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken theorize happened to the Mayans?
2. What present-day examples does von Däniken cite for body preservation in Chapter 7?
3. What physical and mathematical characteristics of the Egyptian Pyramids does von Däniken discuss in Chapter 7?
4. How is the stone relief of the Mayans described in Chapter 9?
5. What expeditions does von Däniken write of in Russia in Chapter 10?
6. What scientist and author does von Däniken speak of conversing with in Chapter 11? What is the consensus?
7. What does von Däniken say of the scientific community and false abduction stories in Chapter 10?
8. When did the Mayan evacuation take place? What is strange about this event?
9. Who is Virococha?
10. What does von Däniken make of the majority of UFO sightings? What does he say of the minority?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the Viracocha legend. From what culture does this originate? Who discovered it from the modern world? Why does von Däniken cite it?
Essay Topic 2
Describe von Däniken's hypothesized scenario presented in Chapter 2. What takes place? What is this story a metaphor for?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the mathematical and geographical qualities of the pyramids of Egypt. Why are these of particular importance to von Däniken?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)