|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The perfecting of radar took how many years?
2. In what year did the Mayan calendar begin?
3. What is the name of the sun god in Egyptian mythology?
4. When did Greek sponge divers discover a wrecked ship loaded with marble and bronze statues?
5. The distance covered by the Mayans from the territory of the old to the new kingdom measures how many miles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the stone relief of the Mayans described in Chapter 9?
2. What does von Däniken wonder about Egyptian mummification in Chapter 7?
3. What present-day examples does von Däniken cite for body preservation in Chapter 7?
4. What connections does von Däniken draw between Easter Island and Tiahuanaco?
5. Describe the first attempt to reach extraterrestrials via radio signals.
6. What does von Däniken make of the majority of UFO sightings? What does he say of the minority?
7. Who first discovered Easter Island and when? What was their reaction?
8. When did the Mayan evacuation take place? What is strange about this event?
9. What are some of the issues that von Däniken presents to the established and accepted method of moving blocks to build the Pyramids?
10. What is the established method by which the Egyptian pyramid blocks moved the stone slabs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Epic of Gilgamesh. Where did it originate? With what other myths or theologies does it overlap? Why does von Däniken refer to it?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "photon," and explain how the author uses this term to describe "photon technology." What would this allow scientists to do?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Viracocha legend. From what culture does this originate? Who discovered it from the modern world? Why does von Däniken cite it?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)