Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the prophet in Chapter 4, how many faces did the men of the heavens have?
2. What figure from the Bible does von DÃ¤niken cite from Exodus 15:10 in Chapter 4?
3. The Mayans left behind them calculations to last how many years?
4. From what book of the Bible does von DÃ¤niken cite, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"?
5. What well-known scientific writer told von DÃ¤niken, "The estimated number of stars in our Milky Way alone amounts to 30 billion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
2. What is the principle issue in determining how the Easter Island statues were moved?
3. What is the "Green Bank Formula"?
4. What does von DÃ¤niken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
5. Who is Jules Verne and why does von DÃ¤niken mention him in Chapter 2?
6. What does von DÃ¤niken make of the majority of UFO sightings? What does he say of the minority?
7. Describe the first attempt to reach extraterrestrials via radio signals.
8. What scientific efforts does von DÃ¤niken praise in Chapter 11?
9. What does von DÃ¤niken say of the scientific community and false abduction stories in Chapter 10?
10. What is von DÃ¤niken's central theory in the book as presented in the Introduction and Chapter 1?
What does von Däniken's theory maintain regarding intergalactic breeding and genetic alteration?
Discuss von Däniken's focus on the Mayan people. What is the importance of the Mayan calendar and observatory? Why does von Däniken believe the Mayans disappeared?
What examples does von Däniken cite involving Noah and Moses from the Holy Bible? What is his theory on the Ark of Covenance?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)