|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the exact calculation of the terrestrial calendar in days today?
2. Where were the tablets of King Hammurabi found?
3. What is the title of Chapter 4?
4. Around what did Gilgamesh build a great wall?
5. The Tibetan books of Tantyua and what also mention prehistoric flying machines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
2. What is the Mahabharata discussed in Chapter 6?
3. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
4. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
5. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
6. How are the Egyptians' mythological gods cited by von Däniken as evidence in Chapter 6?
7. What are the Piri Reis maps?
8. What example of Moses is cited by Daniken as proof of his theory in Chapter 4?
9. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
10. Why would the crew choose the planet they would in the scenario in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major points does von Däniken make of the Sumerian people? What mathematical advanced did they possess? How does the author's theory involve them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what von Däniken writes about in Norse and Greek mythologies. What examples does he hold as evidence in these two regions? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss von Däniken's focus on the Mayan people. What is the importance of the Mayan calendar and observatory? Why does von Däniken believe the Mayans disappeared?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)