|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who published <i>Theory of Satellites</i> in 1927?
2. Von Däniken claims that astronauts today travel around the world in how many minutes in Chapter 2?
3. What book in the Bible is paralleled by the main thread of the Epic of Gilgamesh?
4. The Tibetan books of Tantyua and what also mention prehistoric flying machines?
5. What geometrical figures does von Däniken refer to in Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken suggest about the Piri Reis maps in Chapter 3?
2. What scientific efforts does von Däniken praise in Chapter 11?
3. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
4. What does von Däniken write of telepathy in Chapter 11?
5. What is the established method by which the Egyptian pyramid blocks moved the stone slabs?
6. What does von Däniken write of the Mayan calendar in Chapter 9?
7. What scientist and author does von Däniken speak of conversing with in Chapter 11? What is the consensus?
8. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
9. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
10. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Piri Reis maps. Why are these important to von Däniken? What does he assert that the maps prove?
Essay Topic 2
What major points does von Däniken make of the Sumerian people? What mathematical advanced did they possess? How does the author's theory involve them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids. What does traditional, mainstream archeology tell us? How does von Däniken's theory differ?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)