|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around what did Gilgamesh build a great wall?
2. In Chapter 2, what are the fuel supplies in the rocket which can reach almost the speed of light converted to ?
3. From what Biblical verse does von Däniken cite the "giants" he refers to in Chapter 4?
4. Who created the geometric features in Peru which von Däniken discusses in Chapter 3?
5. What astronomer estimates that there are some 10 to the 20th-power stars within the range of our telescopes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
2. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
3. What does von Däniken write of the Eskimo and Native American myths in Chapter 6?
4. What are the Piri Reis maps?
5. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
6. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
7. Who does von Däniken suggest were the Sumerian kings? Why?
8. What is von Däniken's central theory in the book as presented in the Introduction and Chapter 1?
9. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
10. What are some of the examples in Tiahuanaco that von Däniken presents in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what von Däniken writes about in Norse and Greek mythologies. What examples does he hold as evidence in these two regions? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does von Däniken's theory maintain regarding intergalactic breeding and genetic alteration?
Essay Topic 3
What does von Däniken refer to as evidence for his theory in Native American and Eskimo mythology? Cite examples in your answer and explain how they support his theories.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)