|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The city of Tiahuanaco lies at a height of more than how many feet?
2. In the Introduction, von Däniken asserts, "There is something _____ about our archeology!"
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 5, von Däniken states as an established fact that the original version of the Epic of Gilgamesh stems from whom?
5. The Sumerians refer to a god statue of their highest god, which is named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example of Moses is cited by Daniken as proof of his theory in Chapter 4?
2. What does von Däniken say of the scientific community and false abduction stories in Chapter 10?
3. How is the stone relief of the Mayans described in Chapter 9?
4. What present-day examples does von Däniken cite for body preservation in Chapter 7?
5. What does von Däniken make of the majority of UFO sightings? What does he say of the minority?
6. What does von Däniken write of telepathy in Chapter 11?
7. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
8. What is the Mahabharata discussed in Chapter 6?
9. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
10. What does von Däniken write of the great Flood in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Mahabharata? Where did it originate and when? What examples from this text does von Däniken refer to specifically and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss von Däniken's focus on the Mayan people. What is the importance of the Mayan calendar and observatory? Why does von Däniken believe the Mayans disappeared?
Essay Topic 3
What examples does von Däniken cite involving Noah and Moses from the Holy Bible? What is his theory on the Ark of Covenance?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)