Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the prophet in Chapter 4, how many faces did the men of the heavens have?
2. What figure from the Bible does von Däniken cite from Exodus 15:10 in Chapter 4?
3. The Mayans left behind them calculations to last how many years?
4. From what book of the Bible does von Däniken cite, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"?
5. What well-known scientific writer told von Däniken, "The estimated number of stars in our Milky Way alone amounts to 30 billion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
2. What is the principle issue in determining how the Easter Island statues were moved?
3. What is the "Green Bank Formula"?
4. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
5. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
6. What does von Däniken make of the majority of UFO sightings? What does he say of the minority?
7. Describe the first attempt to reach extraterrestrials via radio signals.
8. What scientific efforts does von Däniken praise in Chapter 11?
9. What does von Däniken say of the scientific community and false abduction stories in Chapter 10?
10. What is von Däniken's central theory in the book as presented in the Introduction and Chapter 1?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Easter Island statues. What is their importance to von Däniken's theories? How does he hypothesize they were created and erected?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Piri Reis maps. Why are these important to von Däniken? What does he assert that the maps prove?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "photon," and explain how the author uses this term to describe "photon technology." What would this allow scientists to do?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)