|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, von Däniken writes that if the hypothetical spaceship consists solely of its payload after a journey of how long, the supplies will have been used up?
2. In Chapter 6, what Mayan legend tells of the gods being able to recognize everything?
3. What is the title of Chapter 1?
4. What does von Däniken suggest destroyed Sodom?
5. In the Introduction, what does von Däniken suggest must take over the work of archeological research?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who first discovered Easter Island and when? What was their reaction?
2. What conjecture does von Däniken make about the building of the pyramids in Chapter 7?
3. What does von Däniken write of the Nordic beliefs in Chapter 6?
4. What example of Moses is cited by Daniken as proof of his theory in Chapter 4?
5. What does von Däniken wonder about Egyptian mummification in Chapter 7?
6. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
7. What does von Däniken write of the Mayan calendar in Chapter 9?
8. Describe the first attempt to reach extraterrestrials via radio signals.
9. Who is Virococha?
10. What does von Däniken write of the Eskimo and Native American myths in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what von Däniken writes about in Norse and Greek mythologies. What examples does he hold as evidence in these two regions? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does von Däniken refer to as evidence for his theory in Native American and Eskimo mythology? Cite examples in your answer and explain how they support his theories.
Essay Topic 3
What major points does von Däniken make of the Sumerian people? What mathematical advanced did they possess? How does the author's theory involve them?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)