|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Introduction, Von Däniken speaks of finding numbers with how many digits?
2. How many days is the Venusian year in Mayan understandings?
3. The ancient Indian epic which is more comprehensive than the Bible is called what?
4. What do the savages believe the astronauts to be in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, von Däniken writes that if the hypothetical spaceship consists solely of its payload after a journey of how long, the supplies will have been used up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Mahabharata discussed in Chapter 6?
2. Who does von Däniken suggest were the Sumerian kings? Why?
3. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
4. Why would the crew choose the planet they would in the scenario in Chapter 2?
5. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
6. What does the astronaut crew teach the savages in Chapter 2?
7. What are the Piri Reis maps?
8. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
9. What does von Däniken write of the Nordic beliefs in Chapter 6?
10. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Mahabharata? Where did it originate and when? What examples from this text does von Däniken refer to specifically and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Epic of Gilgamesh. Where did it originate? With what other myths or theologies does it overlap? Why does von Däniken refer to it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Piri Reis maps. Why are these important to von Däniken? What does he assert that the maps prove?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)