|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman descended from the "spaceship" depicted in the Gate of the Sun?
2. In Chapter 1, how many light years might the larger stellar system stretch, according to von Däniken?
3. According to the prophet in Chapter 4, how many faces did the men of the heavens have?
4. What book in the Bible is paralleled by the main thread of the Epic of Gilgamesh?
5. How many tons does von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship weigh in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken write of the great Flood in Chapter 4?
2. What does von Däniken write of the Nordic beliefs in Chapter 6?
3. Why would the crew choose the planet they would in the scenario in Chapter 2?
4. What does the astronaut crew teach the savages in Chapter 2?
5. What are some of the examples in Tiahuanaco that von Däniken presents in Chapter 3?
6. Describe the spaceship in Chapter 2.
7. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
8. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
9. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
10. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Epic of Gilgamesh. Where did it originate? With what other myths or theologies does it overlap? Why does von Däniken refer to it?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Viracocha legend. From what culture does this originate? Who discovered it from the modern world? Why does von Däniken cite it?
Essay Topic 3
What are von Däniken's feelings toward traditional archeology and the scientific community? Why? How do they view his theories?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)