|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman descended from the "spaceship" depicted in the Gate of the Sun?
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
3. Who created the geometric features in Peru which von Däniken discusses in Chapter 3?
4. How many stars does the telescope of even a small observatory make visible, according to von Däniken in Chapter 1?
5. The Mayans left behind them calculations to last how many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
2. What does von Däniken write of the Nordic beliefs in Chapter 6?
3. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
5. Who does von Däniken suggest were the Sumerian kings? Why?
6. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
7. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
8. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
9. How are the "Vimanas" described in Chapter 6? What evidence is related to Kunti?
10. What does von Däniken write of the great Flood in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Mahabharata? Where did it originate and when? What examples from this text does von Däniken refer to specifically and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the Nazca lines and Tiahuanaco. Where are these artifacts located? Why does the author cite them as evidence?
Essay Topic 3
What does von Däniken refer to as evidence for his theory in Native American and Eskimo mythology? Cite examples in your answer and explain how they support his theories.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)