|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What biochemist does von Däniken cite in Chapter 1 as hypothesizing that the conditions for life may have developed more quickly on other planets?
2. Piri Reis is an admiral from where?
3. How many stars does the telescope of even a small observatory make visible, according to von Däniken in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 2, how many tons is the payload in von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship?
5. In Chapter 3, von Däniken writes that our historical past is pieced together through what kind of knowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken suggest about the Piri Reis maps in Chapter 3?
2. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
3. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
4. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
5. Why would the crew choose the planet they would in the scenario in Chapter 2?
6. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
7. What hypothetical scenario does von Däniken present in Chapter 2?
8. How are the "Vimanas" described in Chapter 6? What evidence is related to Kunti?
9. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
10. How fast does the rocket in Chapter 2 travel? How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What examples does von Däniken cite involving Noah and Moses from the Holy Bible? What is his theory on the Ark of Covenance?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the connections between the Easter Island statues and Tiahuanaco. What explanation does von Däniken supply in Chariots of the Gods? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Easter Island statues. What is their importance to von Däniken's theories? How does he hypothesize they were created and erected?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)