|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the geometric features in Peru which von Däniken discusses in Chapter 3?
2. What geometrical figures does von Däniken refer to in Peru?
3. In Chapter 5, to what does von Däniken attribute a door speaking like a human person?
4. How many fixed stars are in our Milky Way, according to von Däniken in Chapter 1?
5. What do the savages believe the astronauts to be in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Epic of Gilgamesh about in Chapter 5?
2. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
3. How are the "Vimanas" described in Chapter 6? What evidence is related to Kunti?
4. How fast does the rocket in Chapter 2 travel? How?
5. What is the Mahabharata discussed in Chapter 6?
6. Describe the spaceship in Chapter 2.
7. What does von Däniken suggest about the Piri Reis maps in Chapter 3?
8. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
9. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
10. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids. What does traditional, mainstream archeology tell us? How does von Däniken's theory differ?
Essay Topic 2
What are von Däniken's feelings toward traditional archeology and the scientific community? Why? How do they view his theories?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the mathematical and geographical qualities of the pyramids of Egypt. Why are these of particular importance to von Däniken?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)