|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Great Idol is a block of red sandstone that weighs how many tons?
2. From where in the Bible does von Däniken cite the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
3. In Chapter 5, to what does von Däniken attribute a door speaking like a human person?
4. What is the title of Chapter 1?
5. Whose mythology describes the first tribes brought to the North by gods with brazen wings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken suggest about the Piri Reis maps in Chapter 3?
2. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
3. What are the Piri Reis maps?
4. What does von Däniken write of the Eskimo and Native American myths in Chapter 6?
5. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
6. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
7. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
8. What is the Epic of Gilgamesh about in Chapter 5?
9. Describe the spaceship in Chapter 2.
10. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the connections between the Easter Island statues and Tiahuanaco. What explanation does von Däniken supply in Chariots of the Gods? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Viracocha legend. From what culture does this originate? Who discovered it from the modern world? Why does von Däniken cite it?
Essay Topic 3
What examples does von Däniken cite involving Noah and Moses from the Holy Bible? What is his theory on the Ark of Covenance?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)