|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Von Däniken asserts that the Piri Reis maps were derived through what?
2. From what Biblical verse does von Däniken cite the "giants" he refers to in Chapter 4?
3. Where were the tablets of King Hammurabi found?
4. Who published Theory of Satellites in 1927?
5. In Chapter 6, what Mayan legend tells of the gods being able to recognize everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
2. Why would the crew choose the planet they would in the scenario in Chapter 2?
3. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
4. What does von Däniken write of the Nordic beliefs in Chapter 6?
5. How are the "Vimanas" described in Chapter 6? What evidence is related to Kunti?
6. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
7. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
8. How are the Egyptians' mythological gods cited by von Däniken as evidence in Chapter 6?
9. Describe the spaceship in Chapter 2.
10. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Epic of Gilgamesh. Where did it originate? With what other myths or theologies does it overlap? Why does von Däniken refer to it?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "photon," and explain how the author uses this term to describe "photon technology." What would this allow scientists to do?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Mahabharata? Where did it originate and when? What examples from this text does von Däniken refer to specifically and why?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)