|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, von Däniken suggests that our solar system may be only a tiny part of a considerably larger stellar system containing how many galaxies?
2. What well-known scientific writer told von Däniken, "The estimated number of stars in our Milky Way alone amounts to 30 billion"?
3. How does time on the hypothetical spaceship of Chapter 2 pass in relation to time on earth?
4. How many stars does the telescope of even a small observatory make visible, according to von Däniken in Chapter 1?
5. What prophet speaks of being among the captives by the river of Chebar in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connections does von Däniken draw between Easter Island and Tiahuanaco?
2. What does von Däniken theorize happened to the Mayans?
3. What is the Epic of Gilgamesh about in Chapter 5?
4. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
5. What scientist and author does von Däniken speak of conversing with in Chapter 11? What is the consensus?
6. Who is Virococha?
7. What does von Däniken wonder about Egyptian mummification in Chapter 7?
8. What is the "Green Bank Formula"?
9. What "side effects" does von Däniken cite in Chapter 10 as valid reasons for space travel?
10. What are some of the issues that von Däniken presents to the established and accepted method of moving blocks to build the Pyramids?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss von Däniken's focus on the Mayan people. What is the importance of the Mayan calendar and observatory? Why does von Däniken believe the Mayans disappeared?
Essay Topic 2
Describe von Däniken's interpretations from Genesis, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the prophet Ezekiel and how he determines there are extraterrestrials involved.
Essay Topic 3
What major points does von Däniken make of the Sumerian people? What mathematical advanced did they possess? How does the author's theory involve them?
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)