|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Piri Reis is an admiral from where?
2. Von Däniken says in Chapter 2, "Let us assume that our spaceship will leave the earth for an unknown distant sun in ____ years' time."
3. What biochemist does von Däniken cite in Chapter 1 as hypothesizing that the conditions for life may have developed more quickly on other planets?
4. Who was expecting the angels at the gate in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
5. What major astronomical event took place in the same period that von Däniken wrote the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
2. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
3. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
4. How are the "Vimanas" described in Chapter 6? What evidence is related to Kunti?
5. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
6. How are the Egyptians' mythological gods cited by von Däniken as evidence in Chapter 6?
7. What does von Däniken write of the Eskimo and Native American myths in Chapter 6?
8. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
9. What hypothetical scenario does von Däniken present in Chapter 2?
10. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what von Däniken writes about in Norse and Greek mythologies. What examples does he hold as evidence in these two regions? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does von Däniken's theory maintain regarding intergalactic breeding and genetic alteration?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Viracocha legend. From what culture does this originate? Who discovered it from the modern world? Why does von Däniken cite it?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)