|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will our hypothetical spacemen learn the language of the savages in Chapter 2?
2. What biologist recreated atmospheric conditions similar to those on Jupiter and bred bacteria and mites in the atmosphere?
3. In the Introduction, von Däniken asserts, "There is something _____ about our archeology!"
4. In Chapter 2, what are the fuel supplies in the rocket which can reach almost the speed of light converted to ?
5. Von Däniken writes in the Introduction that the age of space travel is no longer an age of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
2. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
3. What does von Däniken suggest of the Nazca lines in Peru in Chapter 3?
4. What does the astronaut crew teach the savages in Chapter 2?
5. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
6. Who does von Däniken suggest were the Sumerian kings? Why?
7. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
8. How fast does the rocket in Chapter 2 travel? How?
9. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
10. What does von Däniken write of the Nordic beliefs in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does von Däniken's theory maintain regarding intergalactic breeding and genetic alteration?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Piri Reis maps. Why are these important to von Däniken? What does he assert that the maps prove?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the mathematical and geographical qualities of the pyramids of Egypt. Why are these of particular importance to von Däniken?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)