|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 4?
2. How many days did the Mayans understand the terrestrial year to be?
3. Around what time did Thutmose III live, as referred to in Chapter 6?
4. What does von Däniken suggest destroyed Sodom?
5. In Chapter 6, what Mayan legend tells of the gods being able to recognize everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
2. How fast does the rocket in Chapter 2 travel? How?
3. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
4. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
5. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
6. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
7. What hypothetical scenario does von Däniken present in Chapter 2?
8. What are the Piri Reis maps?
9. Why would the crew choose the planet they would in the scenario in Chapter 2?
10. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the Nazca lines and Tiahuanaco. Where are these artifacts located? Why does the author cite them as evidence?
Essay Topic 2
What major points does von Däniken make of the Sumerian people? What mathematical advanced did they possess? How does the author's theory involve them?
Essay Topic 3
What are von Däniken's feelings toward traditional archeology and the scientific community? Why? How do they view his theories?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)