|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What well-known scientific writer told von Däniken, "The estimated number of stars in our Milky Way alone amounts to 30 billion"?
2. In Chapter 5, von Däniken states as an established fact that the original version of the Epic of Gilgamesh stems from whom?
3. Von Däniken asserts in Chapter 1 that even on planet Earth there are organisms which live without what?
4. From where in the Bible does von Däniken cite the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
5. What book in the Bible is paralleled by the main thread of the Epic of Gilgamesh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken suggest about the Piri Reis maps in Chapter 3?
2. What are some of the examples in Tiahuanaco that von Däniken presents in Chapter 3?
3. Describe the spaceship in Chapter 2.
4. How are the Egyptians' mythological gods cited by von Däniken as evidence in Chapter 6?
5. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
6. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
7. What hypothetical scenario does von Däniken present in Chapter 2?
8. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
9. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
10. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Piri Reis maps. Why are these important to von Däniken? What does he assert that the maps prove?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Epic of Gilgamesh. Where did it originate? With what other myths or theologies does it overlap? Why does von Däniken refer to it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe von Däniken's interpretations from Genesis, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the prophet Ezekiel and how he determines there are extraterrestrials involved.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)