|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
2. What is the title of Chapter 2?
3. What does von Däniken suggest destroyed Sodom?
4. Von Däniken says in Chapter 2, "Let us assume that our spaceship will leave the earth for an unknown distant sun in ____ years' time."
5. What astronomer estimates that there are some 10 to the 20th-power stars within the range of our telescopes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken suggest about the Piri Reis maps in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
3. What is the Mahabharata discussed in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
5. What are some of the examples in Tiahuanaco that von Däniken presents in Chapter 3?
6. What is the Epic of Gilgamesh about in Chapter 5?
7. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
8. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
9. How fast does the rocket in Chapter 2 travel? How?
10. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Epic of Gilgamesh. Where did it originate? With what other myths or theologies does it overlap? Why does von Däniken refer to it?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Mahabharata? Where did it originate and when? What examples from this text does von Däniken refer to specifically and why?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "photon," and explain how the author uses this term to describe "photon technology." What would this allow scientists to do?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)