|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pre-Incan people believed that the gods came down to them from the constellation of what?
2. What friend, to whom von Däniken refers as his travel companion for many years, does he thank in the Introduction?
3. According to the prophet in Chapter 4, how many faces did the men of the heavens have?
4. What astronomer estimates that there are some 10 to the 20th-power stars within the range of our telescopes?
5. How will our hypothetical spacemen learn the language of the savages in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does von Däniken suggest were the Sumerian kings? Why?
2. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
3. What is the Mahabharata discussed in Chapter 6?
4. What does von Däniken suggest of the Nazca lines in Peru in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
6. What example of Moses is cited by Daniken as proof of his theory in Chapter 4?
7. What is von Däniken's central theory in the book as presented in the Introduction and Chapter 1?
8. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
9. What are some of the examples in Tiahuanaco that von Däniken presents in Chapter 3?
10. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what von Däniken surmises as the reasons behind Egyptian mummification. What examples does the author cite outside of Egypt of body preservation? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what von Däniken writes about in Norse and Greek mythologies. What examples does he hold as evidence in these two regions? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Easter Island statues. What is their importance to von Däniken's theories? How does he hypothesize they were created and erected?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)