|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 6?
2. In what language were the tablets of King Hammurabi written?
3. Where in the Bible does von Däniken quote, "Thou canst not see my face, for there shall no man see me and live"?
4. The pre-Incan people believed that the gods came down to them from the constellation of what?
5. The ancient Indian epic which is more comprehensive than the Bible is called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
2. How fast does the rocket in Chapter 2 travel? How?
3. What does von Däniken write of the great Flood in Chapter 4?
4. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
5. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
6. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
7. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
8. What does von Däniken suggest of the Nazca lines in Peru in Chapter 3?
9. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
10. What are the Piri Reis maps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What examples does von Däniken cite involving Noah and Moses from the Holy Bible? What is his theory on the Ark of Covenance?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the mathematical and geographical qualities of the pyramids of Egypt. Why are these of particular importance to von Däniken?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the Nazca lines and Tiahuanaco. Where are these artifacts located? Why does the author cite them as evidence?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)