|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, von Däniken writes that if the hypothetical spaceship consists solely of its payload after a journey of how long, the supplies will have been used up?
2. Von Däniken writes in the Introduction that the age of space travel is no longer an age of what?
3. How many tons of fuel would be on von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship in Chapter 2?
4. What well-known scientific writer told von Däniken, "The estimated number of stars in our Milky Way alone amounts to 30 billion"?
5. Who worked out the basic rocket equation of space time in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Mahabharata discussed in Chapter 6?
2. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
3. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
4. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
5. What does von Däniken write of the Eskimo and Native American myths in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
7. What does the astronaut crew teach the savages in Chapter 2?
8. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
9. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
10. What does von Däniken write of the Nordic beliefs in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what von Däniken writes about in Norse and Greek mythologies. What examples does he hold as evidence in these two regions? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does von Däniken refer to as evidence for his theory in Native American and Eskimo mythology? Cite examples in your answer and explain how they support his theories.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Viracocha legend. From what culture does this originate? Who discovered it from the modern world? Why does von Däniken cite it?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)