|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
2. What is the title of Chapter 2?
3. What is the Noah of the Sumerians called?
4. The pre-Incan people believed that the gods came down to them from the constellation of what?
5. What major astronomical event took place in the same period that von Däniken wrote the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
2. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
3. What does von Däniken suggest of the Nazca lines in Peru in Chapter 3?
4. What is von Däniken's central theory in the book as presented in the Introduction and Chapter 1?
5. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
6. Describe the spaceship in Chapter 2.
7. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
8. What hypothetical scenario does von Däniken present in Chapter 2?
9. What does von Däniken suggest about the Piri Reis maps in Chapter 3?
10. What does von Däniken write of the great Flood in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What examples does von Däniken cite involving Noah and Moses from the Holy Bible? What is his theory on the Ark of Covenance?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss von Däniken's focus on the Mayan people. What is the importance of the Mayan calendar and observatory? Why does von Däniken believe the Mayans disappeared?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids. What does traditional, mainstream archeology tell us? How does von Däniken's theory differ?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)