|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the exact calculation of the terrestrial calendar in days today?
2. What woman descended from the "spaceship" depicted in the Gate of the Sun?
3. From what Biblical verse does von Däniken cite the "giants" he refers to in Chapter 4?
4. In the Introduction, Von Däniken speaks of finding numbers with how many digits?
5. Von Däniken says in Chapter 2, "Let us assume that our spaceship will leave the earth for an unknown distant sun in ____ years' time."
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Epic of Gilgamesh about in Chapter 5?
2. What does von Däniken write of the Eskimo and Native American myths in Chapter 6?
3. What are the Piri Reis maps?
4. What does von Däniken suggest of the Nazca lines in Peru in Chapter 3?
5. What hypothetical scenario does von Däniken present in Chapter 2?
6. Who does von Däniken suggest were the Sumerian kings? Why?
7. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
8. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
9. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
10. What does von Däniken cite regarding the Sumerians' mathematical and calendar abilities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what von Däniken writes about in Norse and Greek mythologies. What examples does he hold as evidence in these two regions? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does von Däniken refer to as evidence for his theory in Native American and Eskimo mythology? Cite examples in your answer and explain how they support his theories.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Epic of Gilgamesh. Where did it originate? With what other myths or theologies does it overlap? Why does von Däniken refer to it?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)