|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Von Däniken claims that astronauts today travel around the world in how many minutes in Chapter 2?
2. Whose mythology describes the first tribes brought to the North by gods with brazen wings?
3. The city of Tiahuanaco lies at a height of more than how many feet?
4. How many days did the Mayans understand the terrestrial year to be?
5. Who was expecting the angels at the gate in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What example of Moses is cited by Daniken as proof of his theory in Chapter 4?
2. What is the Mahabharata discussed in Chapter 6?
3. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
4. What does von Däniken suggest of the Nazca lines in Peru in Chapter 3?
5. How are the Egyptians' mythological gods cited by von Däniken as evidence in Chapter 6?
6. What does the astronaut crew teach the savages in Chapter 2?
7. What are the Piri Reis maps?
8. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
9. What is the Epic of Gilgamesh about in Chapter 5?
10. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major points does von Däniken make of the Sumerian people? What mathematical advanced did they possess? How does the author's theory involve them?
Essay Topic 2
What does von Däniken refer to as evidence for his theory in Native American and Eskimo mythology? Cite examples in your answer and explain how they support his theories.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Piri Reis maps. Why are these important to von Däniken? What does he assert that the maps prove?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)