|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The perfecting of radar took how many years?
2. The stone for the hats of the statues on Easter Island weighed more than how many tons apiece?
3. Who excavated the bodies of youths and jewelry from the well at Chichen Itza?
(a) Andrew Lawrence Fuller.
(b) James T. Nelson.
(c) Robert Andrew Floyd.
(d) Edward Herbert Thompson.
4. The area of the base of the Great Pyramid divided by twice its height equals what?
5. Who is cited from A Voyage to Laputa and Japan in Chapter 10?
(a) Gerald Mansfield.
(b) Jonathan Swift.
(c) Michael Ponsway.
(d) John Mayflower.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pyramid field of _____ is 25 miles north of Mexico City.
2. When did the Mayans abandon their cities and temples?
3. What do the natives of Easter Island call their land, even today?
4. The distance covered by the Mayans from the territory of the old to the new kingdom measures how many miles?
5. Who is quoted in Chapter 8 as saying, "The positive things about the skeptic is that he considers everything possible."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken make of the majority of UFO sightings? What does he say of the minority?
2. What does von Däniken feel of the attempts to contact outer space in Chapter 11?
3. Who is Virococha?
4. Who first discovered Easter Island and when? What was their reaction?
5. What is the established method by which the Egyptian pyramid blocks moved the stone slabs?
6. What scientist and author does von Däniken speak of conversing with in Chapter 11? What is the consensus?
7. How is the stone relief of the Mayans described in Chapter 9?
8. What is the legend of Quetzalcoatl?
9. What does von Däniken write of telepathy in Chapter 11?
10. What did Heyerdahl discover about the Easter Island statues?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)