|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Russian professor considers it possible that the terrace north of Damascus may have been an airfield?
(a) Professor Brahm.
(b) Professor Agrest.
(c) Professor Anderson.
(d) Professor Bryg.
2. Who wrote Our Inheritance of the Great Pyramid?
(a) James Edgar Rogers.
(b) Michael Sweet.
(c) Jonathan Swift.
(d) Charles Piazzi Smith.
3. Who discovered the legends of the pre-Incan beliefs of white men who traveled in the air?
(a) Spanish conquistadors.
(b) Dutch settlers.
(c) Italian explorers.
(d) French settlers.
4. More than how many new articles were on the market as a by-product to space research, according to von Däniken?
5. The statues of Easter Island were between 33 and ___ feet high.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who excavated the bodies of youths and jewelry from the well at Chichen Itza?
2. The construction of the atomic bomb took how many years?
3. What German magazine stated in 1967 that the majority of life-saving medical machines come from America?
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
5. What is the title of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connections does von Däniken draw between Easter Island and Tiahuanaco?
2. What did Heyerdahl discover about the Easter Island statues?
3. Who is Virococha?
4. Who first discovered Easter Island and when? What was their reaction?
5. What "side effects" does von Däniken cite in Chapter 10 as valid reasons for space travel?
6. What is von Däniken's argument for space travel in relation to population?
7. What present-day examples does von Däniken cite for body preservation in Chapter 7?
8. What is the size of the statues on Easter Island?
9. What risky and controversial subject does von Däniken approach in Chapter 10? How does he approach this?
10. What is the legend of Quetzalcoatl?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)