|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Sumerian library of 60,000 clay tablets discovered?
(b) Machu Pichu.
2. Where in the Bible does von Däniken quote, "Thou canst not see my face, for there shall no man see me and live"?
3. Von Däniken asserts that the Piri Reis maps were derived through what?
(a) Extraterrestrial maps.
(b) Aerial photography.
(c) Extraterrestrial drawings.
4. What major astronomical event took place in the same period that von Däniken wrote the book?
(a) Landing on the moon.
(b) The first Earth satellite.
(c) The first moon satellite.
(d) Landing on Mars.
5. What is the name of the former keeper of the Egyptian Department of the Vatican who found a text from the time of Thutmose III?
(a) Andreas Roma.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) Alberto Tulli.
(d) Ronald Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet high is the Gate of the Sun at Tiahuanaco?
2. In Chapter 1, von Däniken suggests that our solar system may be only a tiny part of a considerably larger stellar system containing how many galaxies?
3. What do the geometric features of Peru resemble to von Däniken?
4. Von Däniken is concerned with the fact that the edges of the Piri Reis maps do what at the edges?
5. What kind of rocket can reach a velocity close to the speed of light, according to von Däniken?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
2. Who does von Däniken suggest were the Sumerian kings? Why?
3. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
4. What does von Däniken write of the great Flood in Chapter 4?
5. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
6. What does von Däniken refer to of Ezekiel in the Bible in Chapter 4?
7. What hypothetical scenario does von Däniken present in Chapter 2?
8. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
9. Describe the spaceship in Chapter 2.
10. What weaponry is described in the Mahabharata?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)