|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many feet high is the Gate of the Sun at Tiahuanaco?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 30 feet.
(c) 60 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
2. What electronic item does von Däniken write we have found from many thousands of years ago?
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A car.
(d) A flashlight.
3. What figure from the Bible does von Däniken cite from Exodus 15:10 in Chapter 4?
4. What prophet speaks of being among the captives by the river of Chebar in Chapter 4?
5. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Ancient Marvels or Space Travel Centers?
(b) When Our Spaceship Landed on Earth.
(c) Are There Intelligent Beings in the Cosmos?
(d) Easter Island - Land of the Bird Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was expecting the angels at the gate in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
2. Who, along with H.S. Bellamy, wrote a book about the Great Idol?
3. In Chapter 2, what are the fuel supplies in the rocket which can reach almost the speed of light converted to ?
4. How many tons does von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship weigh in Chapter 2?
5. The ancient Indian epic which is more comprehensive than the Bible is over how many years old?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken present the reader with in his Introduction to the book?
2. What is the Epic of Gilgamesh about in Chapter 5?
3. How fast does the rocket in Chapter 2 travel? How?
4. Why would the crew choose the planet they would in the scenario in Chapter 2?
5. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
6. Describe the spaceship in Chapter 2.
7. What does von Däniken suggest of the Nazca lines in Peru in Chapter 3?
8. What are some of the examples in Tiahuanaco that von Däniken presents in Chapter 3?
9. What does von Däniken write of the great Flood in Chapter 4?
10. Who is Jules Verne and why does von Däniken mention him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)