|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The Search for Direct Communication.
(b) The Improbable World of the Unexplained.
(c) Ancient Imagination and Legends, or Ancient Facts?
(d) When Our Spaceship Landed on Earth.
2. Who was expecting the angels at the gate in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Easter Island - Land of the Bird Men.
(b) Ancient Marvels or Space Travel Centers?
(c) Was God an Astronaut?
(d) Ancient Imagination and Legends, or Ancient Facts?
4. In Chapter 1, how many planetary systems does the scientific writer tell von Däniken are considered possible by present-day astronomers?
(a) 16 billion.
(b) 30 billion.
(c) 20 billion.
(d) 10 billion.
5. How many days is the Venusian year in Mayan understandings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mythology describes the first tribes brought to the North by gods with brazen wings?
2. In Chapter 2, von Däniken writes that if the hypothetical spaceship consists solely of its payload after a journey of how long, the supplies will have been used up?
3. Von Däniken asserts in Chapter 1 that even on planet Earth there are organisms which live without what?
4. Von Däniken asserts that the Piri Reis maps were derived through what?
5. Around what did Gilgamesh build a great wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does von Däniken write of Gilgamesh in reference to the Flood of the Bible?
2. What are the Piri Reis maps?
3. Why does von Däniken suggest our planet is not the only one which is capable of sustaining life in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 1, what question does von Däniken pose? What is his theory for an answer?
5. How are the Egyptians' mythological gods cited by von Däniken as evidence in Chapter 6?
6. What does von Däniken suggest of the Nazca lines in Peru in Chapter 3?
7. What does von Däniken cite from Genesis regarding giants in Chapter 4?
8. What does von Däniken write of the Eskimo and Native American myths in Chapter 6?
9. What does von Däniken suggest of the civilization on other planets in Chapter 1 in terms of their advancement?
10. What does von Däniken suggest that scientists shed in their examinations?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)