|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mayans believed that a fixed number of steps of a building had to be completed every how many years?
2. In Chapter 9, where were all the edifices built according to the Mayan calendar?
(b) Chichen Itza.
3. How far away was the star upon which the telescope was trained from West Virginia in Chapter 11?
(a) 14 light years.
(b) 120 light years.
(c) 10 light years.
(d) 11.8 light years.
4. What do archeologists estimate the population of Egypt to have been during the building of the Great Pyramid?
5. Tikal lies how many miles from the Gulf of Honduras?
6. The horse-drawn cart was not introduced until about what time?
(a) 1200 B.C.
(b) 1600 B.C.
(c) 1000 B.C.
(d) 1500 B.C.
7. Van Daniken states in Chapter 8 that our accurate knowledge of America is only how many years old?
8. The observatory at _____ is the first and oldest round building of the Mayas.
9. According to the manuscript at the Bodleian Library at Oxford, who ordered the Great Pyramid built?
(a) King Tut.
(b) King Surid.
(c) King David.
(d) King Rameses.
10. Who was the god-creator in pre-Incan mythology?
11. What do the natives of Easter Island call their land, even today?
(a) Land of the Flyers.
(b) Land of the Insects.
(c) Land of the Bird Men.
(d) Land of the Kings.
12. In what year did Russian astronomers inform the world they had possibly received signals from an extraterrestrial super-civilization?
13. From where does the jade come in the necklace of Tikal in Guatemala?
14. Who is attributed today as the inspirer and builder of the Great Pyramid?
(a) Pharaoh Kanaa.
(b) Pharaoh Rameses.
(c) Pharaoh Khufu.
(d) Pharaoh Tkya.
15. When did Greek sponge divers discover a wrecked ship loaded with marble and bronze statues?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Mayans abandon their cities and temples?
2. In 1953, where was a UFO picked up on a radar screen of the Kinross Air Base?
3. How many years did it take photography to develop to the stage of a clear picture?
4. The pyramid of Cholula is how many miles south of the Mexican capital?
5. How many hours did the first series of experiments in Green Bank, West Virginia last?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)