|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pyramid that is the biggest of the Mayans, belonging to the god Kukulkan?
2. In what year did the Mayan calendar begin?
(a) 1000 B.C.
(b) 3200 B.C.
(c) 2500 B.C.
(d) 3111 B.C.
3. In what year did the Nautilus experiment end?
4. Tikal lies how many miles from the Gulf of Honduras?
5. In Chapter 10, von Däniken writes that "was was valid yesterday is _____ tomorrow."
6. What was the population of cows in India in 1966?
7. Who wrote the book Worlds in Collision in 1950?
(a) Zurich Mannsfried.
(b) Immanuel Velikovsky.
(c) Emile Zola.
(d) Alexander Sowenson.
8. Who is quoted in Chapter 8 as saying, "The positive things about the skeptic is that he considers everything possible."
(a) Michael Mann.
(b) Mars Watson.
(c) Thomas Mann.
(d) James O'Keefe.
9. What consists of a probe weighing barely one pound which is carried by a rocket as light baggage and ejected when near the planet?
10. Who wrote Brave New World?
(a) James Hurley.
(b) Kenneth Grayson.
(c) Aldous Huxley.
(d) Jeremy Martin.
11. Who is attributed today as the inspirer and builder of the Great Pyramid?
(a) Pharaoh Khufu.
(b) Pharaoh Tkya.
(c) Pharaoh Kanaa.
(d) Pharaoh Rameses.
12. What do archeologists estimate the population of Egypt to have been during the building of the Great Pyramid?
13. The terrace north of Damascus is a platform built of stone blocks, some of which are more than how many feet long?
14. Who discovered the legends of the pre-Incan beliefs of white men who traveled in the air?
(a) French settlers.
(b) Italian explorers.
(c) Dutch settlers.
(d) Spanish conquistadors.
15. What is the Mayan religion of the Feathered Serpent called?
Short Answer Questions
1. As far as the tunneling techniques, von Däniken says that the tomb of Tety in the 6th dynasty is no different than whose of the New Kingdom?
2. Black and white television was on view after how many years' research?
3. To what telepathic Kentucky farmer does von Däniken refer in Chapter 11?
4. What is the title of Chapter 11?
5. What radiation frequency does von Däniken suggest may be known throughout the universe?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)