|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted in Chapter 8 as saying, "The positive things about the skeptic is that he considers everything possible."
(a) Mars Watson.
(b) James O'Keefe.
(c) Michael Mann.
(d) Thomas Mann.
2. The construction of the atomic bomb took how many years?
3. The perfecting of radar took how many years?
4. The tablets found with the Easter Island statues were made of what material?
5. What archeologist's investigations of Easter Island produced three clearly distinctive periods?
(a) Thor Haygood.
(b) Thomas Haans.
(c) Thor Heyerdahl.
(d) David Johanson.
6. What do the natives of Easter Island call their land, even today?
(a) Land of the Insects.
(b) Land of the Kings.
(c) Land of the Flyers.
(d) Land of the Bird Men.
7. Who discovered the legends of the pre-Incan beliefs of white men who traveled in the air?
(a) French settlers.
(b) Italian explorers.
(c) Spanish conquistadors.
(d) Dutch settlers.
8. To what telepathic Kentucky farmer does von Däniken refer in Chapter 11?
(a) Allen Schwartz.
(b) Andrew Michael.
(c) Stephen Wright.
(d) Edgar Cayce.
9. When was Our Inheritance of the Great Pyramid published?
10. In 1953, where was a UFO picked up on a radar screen of the Kinross Air Base?
(a) In Nevada.
(b) In Arizona.
(c) In Michigan.
(d) In Oregon.
11. What kind of trees does von Däniken assert grew in the Nile Delta at the time of the Great Pyramid's building?
12. When did the Mayans abandon their cities and temples?
(a) 400 A.D.
(b) 600 A.D.
(c) 1200 A.D.
(d) 200 A.D.
13. Black and white television was on view after how many years' research?
14. In Chapter 7, von Däniken writes that to the north of Damascus lies the terrace of what?
15. Who was the god-creator in pre-Incan mythology?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Nautilus experiment end?
2. What was the population of cows in India in 1966?
3. The terrace north of Damascus is a platform built of stone blocks, some of which weigh nearly how many tons?
4. Whose calendar is considered by von Däniken to be the most accurate in the world?
5. In what year did an experiment begin in Green Bank, West Virginia, as cited by von Däniken in Chapter 11?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)