|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The horse-drawn cart was not introduced until about what time?
(a) 1200 B.C.
(b) 1600 B.C.
(c) 1000 B.C.
(d) 1500 B.C.
2. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) Are There Intelligent Beings in the Cosmos?
(b) Easter Island - Land of the Bird Men.
(c) The Improbable World of the Unexpected.
(d) Ancient Marvels or Space Travel Centers?
3. In what year had two men spotted two unidentified flying objects on their radar screen at the Naval Airbase in Maryland?
4. When did Francisco Pizarro question the Incas about Tiahuanaco?
5. According to the Green Bank Formula, there are at any given moment in our galaxy alone how many different civilizations attempting to make contact with us?
6. What consists of a probe weighing barely one pound which is carried by a rocket as light baggage and ejected when near the planet?
7. What radiation frequency does von Däniken suggest may be known throughout the universe?
(a) 1200 megahertz.
(b) 100 megahertz.
(c) 340 megahetrz.
(d) 1420 megahertz.
8. If the Egyptians had a daily piece rate of 10 blocks in a stack, they would have built the Great Pyramid in how many years?
9. What was the name of the project in Green Bank, West Virginia?
(a) Project Apollo.
(b) Project Cyrillis.
(c) Project Ozma.
(d) Project Onta.
10. Tikal lies how many miles from the Gulf of Honduras?
11. The pyramid of Cholula is how many miles south of the Mexican capital?
12. What is the name of the pyramid that is the biggest of the Mayans, belonging to the god Kukulkan?
13. The Incas cultivated what in 3000 B.C., which is startling to scientists?
14. In Chapter 9, where were all the edifices built according to the Mayan calendar?
(a) Chichen Itza.
15. What is the title of Chapter 12?
(a) The Earth's Experience in Space.
(c) The Mysteries of South America and Other Oddities.
(d) The Search for Direct Communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not grow on Easter Island?
2. In 1953, where was a UFO picked up on a radar screen of the Kinross Air Base?
3. Who was the god-creator in pre-Incan mythology?
4. What is the title of Chapter 9?
5. Who wrote Brave New World?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)