|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was expecting the angels at the gate in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
2. What major astronomical event took place in the same period that von Däniken wrote the book?
(a) The first Earth satellite.
(b) Landing on Mars.
(c) The first moon satellite.
(d) Landing on the moon.
3. How does time on the hypothetical spaceship of Chapter 2 pass in relation to time on earth?
(c) More slowly.
(d) Not at all.
4. From what book of the Bible does von Däniken cite, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"?
(a) Genesis 1:26.
(b) Genesis 6:4.
(c) Genesis 2:10.
(d) Genesis 12:23.
5. How many different species of living creatures are estimated to live on Earth, according to von Däniken?
6. From what Biblical verse does von Däniken cite the "giants" he refers to in Chapter 4?
(a) Genesis 1:3.
(c) Genesis 6:1.
(d) Genesis 6:4.
7. In Chapter 5, to what does von Däniken attribute a door speaking like a human person?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A foghorn.
(c) A loudspeaker.
(d) A stereo.
8. Who, along with H.S. Bellamy, wrote a book about the Great Idol?
(a) P. Allan.
(b) M. Michelin.
(c) G. Kimple.
(d) M. Rosleigh.
9. The ancient Indian epic which is more comprehensive than the Bible is called what?
10. What biochemist does von Däniken cite in Chapter 1 as hypothesizing that the conditions for life may have developed more quickly on other planets?
(a) Dr. Sarah Stein.
(b) Dr. James Wasman.
(c) Dr. Stanley Miller.
(d) Dr. Donald Warsaw.
11. How will our hypothetical spacemen learn the language of the savages in Chapter 2?
(b) Pre-emptive research.
12. Where was the Sumerian library of 60,000 clay tablets discovered?
(b) Machu Pichu.
13. What friend, to whom von Däniken refers as his travel companion for many years, does he thank in the Introduction?
(a) Dr. Stehlin.
(b) Louis Emrich.
(c) Bert Slattery.
(d) Hans Neuner.
14. Which person among the savages would likely be made "king" in the hypothetical space travel of Chapter 2?
(a) The most attractive.
(b) The strongest.
(c) The most intelligent.
(d) The richest.
15. What biologist recreated atmospheric conditions similar to those on Jupiter and bred bacteria and mites in the atmosphere?
(a) Dr. Gerald Kimble.
(b) Dr. Daniel Kimgrow.
(c) Dr. Stephen Wright.
(d) Dr. Sanford Siegel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what Mayan legend tells of the gods being able to recognize everything?
2. In Chapter 1, how many planetary systems does the scientific writer tell von Däniken are considered possible by present-day astronomers?
3. What figure from the Bible does von Däniken cite from Exodus 15:10 in Chapter 4?
4. Some argue that the maps of Piri Reis depict America and what before exploration?
5. Whose story in Indian mythology is paralleled by the story of Enoch and Elijah of the Bible?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)