|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The city of Tiahuanaco lies at a height of more than how many feet?
2. What astronomer estimates that there are some 10 to the 20th-power stars within the range of our telescopes?
(a) Jan Leys.
(b) Hal Holbrook.
(c) Harlow Shapley.
(d) Bruno Michela.
3. What do the savages believe the astronauts to be in Chapter 2?
4. Von Däniken claims that astronauts today travel around the world in how many minutes in Chapter 2?
(a) 86 minutes.
(b) 86 hours.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 80 hours.
5. What geometrical figures does von Däniken refer to in Peru?
(a) Topkapi lines.
(d) Nazca lines.
6. What biochemist does von Däniken cite in Chapter 1 as hypothesizing that the conditions for life may have developed more quickly on other planets?
(a) Dr. James Wasman.
(b) Dr. Sarah Stein.
(c) Dr. Donald Warsaw.
(d) Dr. Stanley Miller.
7. In Chapter 1, how many planetary systems does the scientific writer tell von Däniken are considered possible by present-day astronomers?
(a) 30 billion.
(b) 16 billion.
(c) 20 billion.
(d) 10 billion.
8. Von Däniken writes in the Introduction that the age of space travel is no longer an age of what?
9. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Easter Island - Land of the Bird Men.
(b) Was God an Astronaut?
(c) Fiery Chariots from the Heavens.
(d) Ancient Imagination and Legends, or Ancient Facts?
10. How many tons does von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship weigh in Chapter 2?
11. Who, along with H.S. Bellamy, wrote a book about the Great Idol?
(a) M. Michelin.
(b) G. Kimple.
(c) M. Rosleigh.
(d) P. Allan.
12. In Chapter 3, von Däniken writes that our historical past is pieced together through what kind of knowledge?
13. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Ancient Imagination and Legends, or Ancient Facts?
(b) Was God an Astronaut?
(c) Easter Island - Land of the Bird Men.
(d) Ancient Marvels or Space Travel Centers?
14. Where is the Great Idol?
15. What figure from the Bible does von Däniken cite from Exodus 15:10 in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 1?
2. In the Introduction, what does von Däniken suggest must take over the work of archeological research?
3. The Great Idol is a block of red sandstone that weighs how many tons?
4. In Chapter 5, to what does von Däniken attribute a door speaking like a human person?
5. In Chapter 2, how many tons is the payload in von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)