|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tons does von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship weigh in Chapter 2?
2. How will our hypothetical spacemen learn the language of the savages in Chapter 2?
(a) Pre-emptive research.
3. In what language were the tablets of King Hammurabi written?
4. What electronic item does von Däniken write we have found from many thousands of years ago?
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A car.
5. Von Däniken is concerned with the fact that the edges of the Piri Reis maps do what at the edges?
(d) Show radiation.
6. In the Introduction, Von Däniken speaks of finding numbers with how many digits?
7. Von Däniken writes in the Introduction that the age of space travel is no longer an age of what?
8. Who is the grandfather of all science-fiction novelists, according to von Däniken in Chapter 2?
(a) Johann Braun.
(b) James Vinnon.
(c) Michael McClure.
(d) Jules Verne.
9. In Chapter 2, how many tons is the payload in von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship?
10. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Easter Island - Land of the Bird Men.
(b) When Our Spaceship Landed on Earth.
(c) Are There Intelligent Beings in the Cosmos?
(d) Ancient Marvels or Space Travel Centers?
11. According to the prophet in Chapter 4, how many faces did the men of the heavens have?
12. One Indian story tells of Aryuna speaking of a weapon which would kill any warrior with what on his body?
13. How many tons of fuel would be on von Däniken's hypothetical spaceship in Chapter 2?
14. From where in the Bible does von Däniken cite the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) Genesis 6:4.
(b) Genesis 19:1-28.
(c) Genesis 3:12-21.
(d) Genesis 4:1.
15. Who created the geometric features in Peru which von Däniken discusses in Chapter 3?
(a) The Incas.
(b) The Enkidu.
(c) The Mayans.
(d) The Eskimos.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how many planetary systems does the scientific writer tell von Däniken are considered possible by present-day astronomers?
2. What well-known scientific writer told von Däniken, "The estimated number of stars in our Milky Way alone amounts to 30 billion"?
3. What do the savages believe the astronauts to be in Chapter 2?
4. In the Introduction, von Däniken asserts, "There is something _____ about our archeology!"
5. In Chapter 1, von Däniken suggests that our solar system may be only a tiny part of a considerably larger stellar system containing how many galaxies?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)