|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where in the Bible does von Däniken cite the story of Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) Genesis 6:4.
(b) Genesis 4:1.
(c) Genesis 3:12-21.
(d) Genesis 19:1-28.
2. Which person among the savages would likely be made "king" in the hypothetical space travel of Chapter 2?
(a) The most attractive.
(b) The strongest.
(c) The richest.
(d) The most intelligent.
3. What kind of rocket can reach a velocity close to the speed of light, according to von Däniken?
4. What geometrical figures does von Däniken refer to in Peru?
(b) Nazca lines.
(c) Topkapi lines.
5. Piri Reis is an admiral from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. The terrace north of Damascus is a platform built of stone blocks, some of which weigh nearly how many tons?
2. How many blocks make up the Great Pyramid?
3. Von Däniken suggests that the planet upon which the hypothetical spaceship lands in Chapter 2 is how many years earlier in development than the Earth?
4. How many days did the Mayans understand the terrestrial year to be?
5. Whose mythology describes the first tribes brought to the North by gods with brazen wings?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)