|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 and Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astronomer estimates that there are some 10 to the 20th-power stars within the range of our telescopes?
(a) Harlow Shapley.
(b) Hal Holbrook.
(c) Jan Leys.
(d) Bruno Michela.
2. What electronic item does von Däniken write we have found from many thousands of years ago?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A flashlight.
(d) A car.
3. In Chapter 1, von Däniken suggests that our solar system may be only a tiny part of a considerably larger stellar system containing how many galaxies?
4. Von Däniken writes in the Introduction that the age of space travel is no longer an age of what?
5. In the Introduction, von Däniken asserts, "There is something _____ about our archeology!"
Short Answer Questions
1. The first "tourist" photos were radioed to Earth from Mars in the spring of what year?
2. In what language were the tablets of King Hammurabi written?
3. What do the geometric features of Peru resemble to von Däniken?
4. How does time on the hypothetical spaceship of Chapter 2 pass in relation to time on earth?
5. Who, along with H.S. Bellamy, wrote a book about the Great Idol?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)