|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 and Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What electronic item does von Däniken write we have found from many thousands of years ago?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A helicopter.
(d) A car.
2. The Great Idol is a block of red sandstone that weighs how many tons?
3. Von Däniken asserts in Chapter 1 that even on planet Earth there are organisms which live without what?
4. How many stars does the telescope of even a small observatory make visible, according to von Däniken in Chapter 1?
5. Von Däniken claims that astronauts today travel around the world in how many minutes in Chapter 2?
(a) 86 minutes.
(b) 86 hours.
(c) 80 hours.
(d) 8 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the Bible does von Däniken quote, "Thou canst not see my face, for there shall no man see me and live"?
2. How many fixed stars are in our Milky Way, according to von Däniken in Chapter 1?
3. What friend, to whom von Däniken refers as his travel companion for many years, does he thank in the Introduction?
4. What major astronomical event took place in the same period that von Däniken wrote the book?
5. In the ninth tablet regarding Gilgamesh, who is the friend whose loss is mourned?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)